Two ways to keep slick strings on your finger (video)

I’ve been asked a few times about a knot I mention from time to time and whether I could make a video. Well, here’s a video. :wink: I can’t take any credit at all; when I first started yoyoing, other YYE members taught me these; unfortunately so much time has gone by (and the YYE forum search function is so wacky) that I can’t recall who to credit.

I use the first one (just twisting the loop of the slipknot) for anything that’s somewhat rough in texture. It gives enough friction to keep’er on your finger.

I use the second one for almost everything else, or even if a rough string keeps loosening on me. I don’t know what it is, but I guess with practically zero moisture in the skin of my hands, I don’t have enough friction to EVER use a normal slipknot. Even cotton strings for fixed axle play require the loop twist for me. So weird.

(side note: I know the running… ‘title’ alongside the instructions didn’t work the way it was intended to work… but it’s good enough for rock and roll!)

2 Likes

Good tutorial…

1 Like

bumping this because it is awesome. the second knot was exactly what I needed to keep it from slipping around my glove. Thanks GregP. :smiley:

1 Like