Two new releases from Turning Point - MSG and MGSKA!

MSG:

The new Turning Point MSG is the signature model of 2020 1A Japan National Champion Yuta Kashiwaya. It’s a bimetal design that is already gaining popularity and is sure to make a big impact on the contest scene!

The MSG is a heavy, large, and has an amazing control and presence on the string in play. Weighing in at 70g it’s one of the heavier recent releases, but once you get used to it you can really take advantage of the ubneatable power and stability it has to offer. Far beyond any other model on the market!

The MSG takes an opposite approach of the majority of new throws that are light and nimble, going for power and control over all. It’s an excellent choice for not only 1A but also 3A with it’s impressive power, and a welcome change of pace from the norm!

Releasing Friday, 3/18 @ 8PM EDT.

MGSKA:

Turning Point presents their first full Magnesium yoyo - Made in honor of Shingo ‘Terry’ Terada - The Mgska!

Based on the shape of the Majiska, the Mgska utilizes Magnesium to create an entirely new feel and play experience. Although it’s technically a metal yoyo, Magnesium feels unlike any other metal out there due to the relative density that is closer to that of polycarbonate plastic. It has a light feel that you really have to throw to experience!

Terry really wanted to preserve the overall shape and design of the titanium Majiska in his new yoyo, while creating the greatest magnesium throw do date. Not a simple choice, even for a maker as experience as Turning Point’s Kentaro Kimura, but Turning Point did not disappoint!

The Mgska fires on all cylinders as a high performance model that feels unlike anything you’ve ever thrown before. The unique weight distribution gives it a light agile feel with plenty of power to back it up!

Releasing Friday, 3/18 @ 8PM EDT.

7 Likes

Is the MSG less rim weighted than other TP yoyos? I had a hinemosu recently it the rims were just too much for me. @YoYoExpertGarrett

The rims look chunky, but it doesn’t feel all that rim weighted in play due to the nature of magnesium. It has more of a light feel, fast and agile. Athough I was throwing it back to back with the 70g MSG now that I think about it so… maybe take that opinion with a grain of salt lol.

2 Likes

@YoYoExpertGarrett they were asking about the MSG not the Mgska :wink:

what about… a grain of msg?

3 Likes

These names are too similar… And all on St. Patrick’s Day too! :rofl:

3 Likes

So… ignore that first reply. The MSG is definitely a heftier yoyo, but I feel like I got used to it relatively quickly. There’s a little bit of kickback you need to compensate for, but it didn’t feel like an issue to throw around from my first impression. I also didn’t throw it for more than ~5-10 minutes, so I can’t really say much too much about how I would feel on a longer play session.

I’m not always a heavy yoyo fan, but it didn’t give me that “oh this is just too heavy” feel like I’ve had from some other yoyos in the past.

5 Likes

MSG is probably one of the most rim weighted yoyo TP makes. If you think about where weight is placed radially, most of it on a big yoyo is going to be even further outwards than on the Hinemosu.

1 Like