I’m going to make this very short.
I got a sampler pack of twisted stringz type A-1 a few weeks ago. I’ve hardly used them until the past two days. (mainly just took them out of the package and looked at them)
After using for about 2 hours, i thought of posting a review, but it was so negative that i thought maybe i was doing something horribly wrong. i wasn’t.
a day and 2 hours later, here I am writing a poor review on a “acclaimed good” string maker/company.
- seems to last long, a good amount of time without showing much wear
that’s about all i have for pros.
- tangles very easily
- forms knots very easily from most binds (causing yoyo to shoot back to hand instantly after next throw - i’ve tried numerous binds with different string tensions and this continuously happens)
- burns fingers very easily if you move too fast
- doesnt feel comfortable (but that’s a personal opinion so take that with a grain of salt)
- doesn’t keep loops nearly as well as it’s review claims. or anyone else claims for that matter (from what i’ve seen doing basic whips and suicides)
- slip knot for finger doesnt stay tight no matter how hard you throw, it will inevitably spin around your finger on certain tricks… this is VERY annoying
- the color choices are very strange and don’t really match well… (another personal opinion - grain of salt)
I was so excited to try some new different string, but left so disappointed and let down. Honestly i prefer the string that comes with the yoyo to this. =\
Suggestions to anyone who uses it or is still thinking of getting it: play with a little tension… this seems to work best on keeping the string from knotting up the most… anything too loose and you’ll regret it… too hard and it just doesnt play well at all
Someone else’s view of the goods/pros (later posted in this thread):