Turning Point vs YYR

Hello everyone, I am looking for my first high end bi metal throw, and I am looking for everyone’s experience about this two manufacturers.

1 Like

Turning Point is know for heavier stable designs and Yoyorecreation is more for speed.

9 Likes

Here is my take on both brands:

YYR: the brands tends to be more innovative in designing product to make sure it fits the modern playstyle, the Bimetal from them are 7075/SS. Model are mostly follow V-shape speed style (their signature), however there are model are more tech style (Toru models, WWonder, Wunder, Comic Sans, etc)

Turning Point: They are known for their quality and smoothness of throw straight out the box, their Bimetal base material is 6061 with rim is either SS or Ti(in most of current model). Their staple design are mostly based on their two famous throw Leviathan and Positron. Play is leaning toward to tech more than speed but this does not mean it is bad in speed. The design is super stable and very well distributed in weight, this comes from the background of founder Kentaro Kimura who is 3A player and he put the stability as the number 1 factor in his product.

Another Japan brand I would also suggest is Japan Technology, they also make quality product with great design as well :v:

8 Likes

Both companies design yo-yo’s that embody the highest-performance characteristics available at the time of design. Both push performance to its maximum while providing individual character to define the individual models.
You can not go wrong with a bi-metal from either manufacturer. Whichever you choose; I know you will be pleased with your purchase.

5 Likes

You can’t go wrong with the two companies, both are catered to performance and aesthetics. Also try look up to Hydrangea JP their yoyos are insane.

Depends on the design. I would say YYR is great for relatively easy to get off the shelf choices. TP is harder to get and will sometimes retain value better (depending). Both offer great designs with TP being more focused on tech and YYR offering a mix of different play styles. I would pick a few from each and then ask again

Im looking at either yyf od draup or bae and tp ziz aster hinemosu or misfit air

in terms of my personal favorites from that list: Aster > ziz > Bae > hinemosu

2 Likes

I havent played the aster or misfit. I have played the others. I think if you are looking for speed the od draupnir would be the choice . The BAE in my opinion is kind of inbetween speed and tech abilities. Great yoyo . Ziz and Hinemosu play much heavier and are fantastic for tech tricks.

If I had to put them in order I would be Hinemosu , Bae , Ziz , OD Draup .

All are great yoyos, but I think it depends a bit on your particular taste. For me it sometimes just depends on my mood. Sometimes I like big fancy bimetals, but sometimes its nice to toss around a clunky organic.