Turning Point Brand Bearing?

Hey guys! I couldn’t find if this was covered in another thread, and I’m sorry if its in the wrong section of the forum, but I was wondering if you all knew which brand bearing that Turning Point uses in their yo-yos. Is it an in-house bearing like One Drop? Do they get it from someone else?

I have a Turning Point Shake that i very much like but the bearing is not as good as advertised… and I’m wondering if I got a defective one… and I want to replace it to find out, but I also want to put a TP bearing in it if i can help it.

Also, semi-related, if you were to recommend any brand C bearing to me, what would it be? I’ve had pretty good success with One Drop’s and Yo-Yo Factory’s seems alright, too, from my experience.

Thanks a bunch, friends.

Welcome to the community Jason!!! Not familiar with one drop bearings though

2 Likes

Older TP models are usually equipped with center track bearing. At one time the also equipped the premium models with Dif-E-Yo Konkave. For now, I believe TP use platinum NSK bearing in the titanium and premium models. CMIIW

For C sized bearing, I personally prefer NSK micro, pixel, and dif-e-yo Konkave. For flat bearing, definitely OD 10 ball bearing :grin:

1 Like

thank you so much, im going to give those a shot. I wonder if I can make my TP Shake feel like a premium yoyo.

I love it’s weight and shape but the bearing has always held it back. I can’t wait to mess around with it.

the OD 10 ball bearing is FANTASTIC, though, agreed. I just got a Halifax and I liked it so much that I ordered another OD yoyo like a day later.

Thanks Katie! The yoyo community is so amazing, I’m glad to finally be able to talk to people in it. You should totally check out One Drop, though. Their machining is so nice. Their yoyos are a pure joy to own. Their bearings are awesome, too. And beyond that, their customer service is amazing. I feel obligated to tell everyone about how amazing they are because they helped me out so much lol. Honest to god though, even without that experience with their customer service, their yoyos are definitely the best I’ve ever used.

Thanks! Actually now that I think about it, I do have one Onedrop. Its an O Shape, the name escapes me right now, its not bad. :+1:

1 Like