Best bearing?

I need everyone to give me some pros and cons about the bearings you use.

CT Gang wya

3 Likes

OD ten ball.

4 Likes

There’s other threads on this too I remember one we voted on but can’t find it.

Personally mazal top hybrid ceramics and pixel cut however Hollywood modern yoyo bearing bundle is excellent and center track get the job done.

After trying pretty much everything out there, DS Platinum… and it’s not even close

7 Likes

Center tracs are really all you need. Anything else is just a preference thing. I have an assortment of Center tracs, Concave, DS, and Flat bearings and I kinda just swap em around depending on how I’m feeling.

Besides the flats, I don’t see a huge difference in play with any of the others. Sure, there are some minor changes in feel, spintime, and response but I would say they’re pretty negligible.

To answer the question, I prefer One Drop 10 Ball flat bearing for a lot of my One Drops because they have a certain feel that I like and the flats help facilitate that. I like concaves in my higher performing ones (Original Throw or NSK) and split the rest among the others.

2 Likes

NSK makes the best bearings in the business for sure from automotive to YoYo - full agree

6 Likes

For competitive performance, NSK Platinum, completely agree. It’s leagues above the next best bearing.

Pros- enhances speed, power and smoothness.

Cons- very tight bearing seat fit (remove cautiously)
Has an unusual sound, not bad, but a distinct hiss.

For Organics and Old School throws- One Drop 10 ball flat bearing. As buttery as it gets.

Pros- Enhances flow, smoothness and feel. Very quiet.

Cons- Can make a yo-yo play heavier. Inconsistent string placement. Decreased stability and speed.

Edit: Honourable mention to Dif-e-yo Konkave. Size A and D bearings, they are the #1.

3 Likes

Definitely piggy backing a bit but my preference is OD flat bearing for anything organic or more old school, or anything classy I just wanna make as smooth and buttery as possible lol. DS bearing (finally got one and oh my god I will be getting a few more) for anything more performance oriented

1 Like

For my pick it would be

1st YYR DS Platinum
2nd NSK CTX
3rd YYF CTX

1 Like

Mazal Top Hybrid Ceramics have been the best bang for the buck for me.

At $24 for 4 bearings that’s a decent price for all steel ones. But for steel with ceramic bearings that’s a steal.

1 Like

Pixel bearing is number 1

DS Platinum is 2nd