Bearings bearings everywhere

So theres about a gazillion bearings out there and with as inexpensive as it is to swap them out I’ve never given them much thought (nor do i really have any experience to draw from as I’ve only thrown two bearings, yotricks vip and rcs stock concave).

What’s your desert island bearing and why do you swear by it? Also, which company has the best stock bearings?

Just buy bulk from Hollywood modern they always work great

12 Likes

Desert island bearing would be full ceramic for no rust from the salty conditions. Nobody else around to complain about the noise.

6 Likes

NSK Concave Bearing Platinum, but they’re pricey. G2 Rage, OD 10ball, and most centertrac have been great.

1 Like

Vivace Hybrid Flats are my bearing of choice.
HANDS

I Put them in 80% of my throws.

The other 20% usually come with an NSK Platinum or some other stock concave that works great.

bearings are super overlooked imo, I definitely recommend trying a bunch for yourself. AND trying them all in different yo-yos.

Different throws want different things.

3 Likes

MFD Tasmanian Tornado bearings is what i have in most of my C bearing yoyos

3 Likes

NSK DS and more recently, atmos type2.

1 Like

If I had to choose just one bearing for ever. It would be a no brainer. Topyo 5cut.

1 Like

I do also love the vip bearings tho they would be my back up

1 Like

This, in my opinion, is the best.

I would also recommend NSK bearings, top notch.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what this says about me, but I’ve never changed bearings. With the exception of replacing duds of course.

2 Likes

honestly I just bought a ton in bulk and have a jar of good bearings and a jar of bad bearings, and when the good jar runs dry I clean and test all the bad ones and put them back in the good jar.

9 Likes

Just whatever came w the Yoyo is usually fine. Kk for 3a tho is a must.

1 Like

My favourites are DS Bearing and also the Atmos ones, both smooth as hell!

2 Likes

the nsk ds bearing are the best by quite margin if you like them quiet and smooth

if you dont care about noise, any centering bearing is as good as the next

1 Like

I really enjoy One Drop bearings in certain throws, especially organics like the Panorama and Intro where I’m playing more for the feel. For more performance, I usually prefer DS and concaves. NSK and Original Throw are my favorite of what I’ve tried.

2 Likes

Do any yo-yo’s not made by Onedrop come with flat bearings?

2 Likes

The only ones I’ve seen recently come stock with flat bearings were Duncans. Butterfly XT has a full C flat bearing and the new Freehand One came with a flat A bearing.

2 Likes

All those silly yyf a mayzing throws often come with silly crusty flats…

4 Likes

I think a flat bearing was standard on the Bolt 2.

My Capstan '22 shipped with flat and concave D bearings.

2 Likes