TP bearings

Hey guys, what shape / style bearing is on my turning point hinemosu? It looks like a flat bearing, but there are steep walls on either side. If you need a photo Im happy to send one.

At any rate, its a great shape for techy string tricks, it works well!

Im certain they are standard Centertrac bearings. All the TP that I have bought have them.

7 Likes

Prior to 2013 or 2014(as I recall), TP used YYF Center Track.

In later releases, TP use either NSK Konkave or NSK Center Track (they also stated in some release that the product come with either one)

2 Likes

Hmm, interesting!

If it is a center track, it looks alot different than the center track in my butter and evo.

I should get a photo when I get a chance.

3 Likes

They are not all the same. If it’s angle flat angle, thats a center track. That’s what hades has and it’s also newer tp. It’s feels more like a flat bc it’s mostly flat, if it’s the same as hades but I don’t have a hinemosu

1 Like

It definitely is the angle, flat, angle. So thats still an NSK CT bearing?

I eventually want one in my butter and evo. Its just so so so good! Vs those two yoyos have a noticeable curve, which I see feeding the strings into the center and possibly slowing down certain tricks?

2 Likes

It’s really depends some strings will slide more and work better with concave or curved shapes. I like flats and center tracks but it’s really up to preference. I also haven’t tried any stepped bearings. This topic above was me trying to figure out the facts about bearing shapes bc there was some conflicting info out there.

Bearings don’t matter all that much though like the cheap yye flat 10 balls work really well for me and I usually just use whatever comes in the Yoyo unless it’s concave.

Lots of people that are on here say stepped concave shapes are the best for performance and they’re probably right but I haven’t tried them yet and don’t feel any urgency to try them

if they come shielded they aren’t NSKs, they’re just generic centertracs

7 Likes

Thats a good point!

Three nsk’s in my future then lol. And center tract it is. I prefer it to concave, it feels like it tilts off axis less as well.

They come with YYF CTX bearings. Shielded Centretrac 10 ball bearings basically.

2 Likes

Thank you!

So center track is what Im all about!

Sooooooo good.

They are centertrac both tp hinemosu and aster came with em not bad i just like konkave more

1 Like