trying to add tech and originality

Well its been 9/10 months and I may of peaked. I can’t make any tricks or realy lear really techy tricks like raytsh tuts. And I’m getting fed up at this thrower block. So any tips on putting tech into tricks or anything?

Take a break. Same thing happened to me a month or so ago. Pick up a different hobby, and wait until you are inspired to throw. Trying to force it when you are in a slump will make you hate yoyos.

If you don’t want to take a break, check out rethinkyoyo tutorials. They are technical and challenging, yet easier than a lot of Raytsh stuff.

Another (and better) option is to make up your own tricks. Think of the yoyo as a creative outlet.
If you don’t get knots, you are doing it wrong.

Play an inexpensive responsive throw for a while.

Take up a new style of play. Looping, Free Hand, Off String… anything for a change of pace.

Play kendama.

I just finished my first contest routine and I’m pretty exhausted as far as creativity goes. Just take a break, do some tricks you already know (or any of the above advice). Inspiration will soon return to you.

I have a few tutorials specifically on this topic!  I’m working on having a tutorial for where to go from each mount, but this is what I have so far.

http://monkeyfinger.ca/page12/page15/building.html

Basically what I do when I"m stuck is learn new tricks, or go hang with other yoyoers.  Thats always good for inspiration.

Well I’m going to take a break. I’m going to play the bioshock series and catch up on my anime thanks for the advice everyone.