tricks with unresponsive yo yos

Hello all,

As some of you may know I just got into yo yoing. I purchased the DM as my first yo yo and have successfully learned how to bind.

I want to start learning tricks now so was looking to start at the beginner level. Andre speaks of “unresponsive yo yo’s” and “binding” at the end of the intermediate level tricks. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think I can do any or most of the beginner and intermediate level tricks with an unresponsive yo you because the yo yo will not respond.

For instance, I tried learning the UFO and it will not respond.

Do I have to jump right into the advanced tricks because of this?

I suggest learning from the beginning, and skipping tricks that require unresponsiveness.

You can’t do UFO with an unresponsive… unless you can bind in midair!

Thought so. So since I need a responsive yo yo I assume I am going to have to buy one that is responsive.

Didn’t realize that I would need a responsive yo yo and an unresponsive yo yo.

I will buy the Kickside as someone advised it is a good choice for responsive play.

Thanks all.

Mickey binds sideways all the time :stuck_out_tongue:

And don’t get a new yoyo(kickside) unless you have a lot of money to spend, its kinda worthless lol. If you need to play responsive, just thick lube your dark magic.
Lots of stuff can be used as lube, im sure you will find stuff on this forum with the search button.

Just pop a drop of it onto the bearing. (Andre does it with the shields on :P)
Dont do walk the dog with your dark magic.