Tricks just click instantly

I don’t mean click as in competition points, I’m talking about tricks that you’ve been learning all this time and it just clicks all of a sudden? Have you ever tried learning a trick that no matter how much you practice and how much you spend time on it…it just doesn’t work out? And then one day you land it in the middle of nowhere and it becomes solid since.

As for me, just recently I landed magic drop more than I expect to. The whole string rejection thing confused me and I didn’t know what to do. But now I can do it without thinking. Same goes to Iron/Jade Whip.

But then, it’s been a while since I stopped watching tutorials [even though I still suck] and I just figure stuff out like elements and actual tricks that I don’t realize someone had already made.

Anyway, you?

“Ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh! That’s how it works!” -me after landing the trick for the first time after many attempts.

Happened to me with suicide.

Always. I never really get a trick down pat when I’m intentionally working on it. It’s only later when I’m just messing around that I’ll try and and throw it into a combo and at some point it just works. This is why I usually spend just as much, if not a lot more, time freestyling than I do trying to learn tricks.

Just happened with black hops ;D