Trick-a-Week 2023 - #52 - Control Workshop

Getting that last part down right is so satisfying

I just started working on trying to hold the bucket open when you flip it back to your throw hand the second time but it’s still giving me trouble so I skipped it for this video. It makes it feel alot smoother when you can just whip back out without having to open the bucket again. It is so satisfying like lefty said when it catches on the fake trapeze. Not sure if the flailing string in this video hopping into the 1.5 looks sloppy or cool, I kinda like it.

7 Likes

Nice! I thought it looked sick

1 Like

Thanks man

1 Like

Week #31

So I’m letting my personal bias guide this week a bit. I generally don’t like tricks that end in GTs, they feel completed in a way that I don’t particularly like since setting up a GT is relatively simple (once you’re comfortable with the mechanics.) If a trick is to have a dedicated end point, I’d prefer it be a weird unique mount or a funky tower or a DGT or anything else a little more interesting than a simple GT.

That being said, I generally prefer when tricks choose to end in a trapeze or some other core mount, because it’s easier to transition between tricks when they have a normal mount as their end point, instead of needing to exit the GT (usually) to continue with your combo.

So this week is a classic trick with fun presentation that ends in a trapeze. So this could easily transition into any other trick you’d want to show off from a trapeze.

There’s other good tutorials for the cheese whip at the start if you’re struggling with that (or you could just throw directly into a wrist mount however else you want)

10 Likes

My clip of magic trick

13 Likes

Hehe this trick is kinda easy to get the hang of. I should actually be able to get this to look good before you post another trick

3 Likes

I’m many weeks late, but @GTDropKnot encouraged me to post this. Here’s my attempt at Hitchhiker. I really like this trick. For me the final toss is the hardest part. I just can’t get that consistently, but I’ve also not done any slack tricks or tricks that incorporate that element. (If I look surprised/thrilled at the end of my video, that’s why!) All in all, a really fun trick!

13 Likes

Ann was/is very fluid in her movements and transitions.

2 Likes

Nice! That’s a fitting yoyo for an oldschool trick.

Slackicides are just hard to be consistent with in general! I find that the loops stay open a bit easier when the yoyo and the entire formation has some momentum in the direction the slack is traveling when you release the loop. So I try to pull my throw hand to the left and move the yoyo left with it as I release the loop.

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ll give that a try!

1 Like

Yo don’t feel like you need to do a trick the same week it’s posted ever too like I’ve been off and on working the angel2up slack combo from week two since I made an account here lol! It’s just a new trick a week but you can post whatever tricks from past weeks whenever you want. Some of the older ones definitely take longer than a week to get smooth. Glad you’re pumped about magic trick tho…me too this should be a fun one!

8 Likes

Too lazy to learn Cheese Whip at the moment but Magic Trick is fun.

4 Likes

Magic Trick is kind of addicting, definitely one the non yo-yoers will appreciate (everyone I’ve done it around today thinks it’s dope so lol)

White Buddha, clunky and slow lol. Fun trick though that’ll definitely keep trying to smooth out over time

10 Likes

Wayyy easier than it looks my friend you could have it down in probably 5-10 minutes I’m guessing

2 Likes

Magic trick and some magic drops

12 Likes

Nice! I finally am starting to get magic drop after landing on double strings forever. I basically gave up on trying to learn for a few months hoping it would come in time. I found making the L shape like 90 degrees and stretching my fingers as far as I can helped a lot. Kinda pumped on it haha.

2 Likes

Thanks and nice! Magic drop is such a fun trick!

1 Like
7 Likes

Back to rancid milk :wink:

14 Likes