Trick-a-Week 2023 - #52 - Control Workshop

From Spindox 09-02-00

10 Likes
11 Likes

Henry’s got the glove on and landing stuff with a fh1, everyone else is in trouble

2 Likes

Hah I split my calluses and couldn’t find any super glue I get butter fingers w the glove

3 Likes

Nah I’m just messing with ya man haha, there has a been a couple times my hand got cut/burned and I wish I had a glove for a little bit lol

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CufxiVhAF8W/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Hey folks! Here’s my take on Ladder Escape, from week 23, with a GT Drop Escape. Have some catching up to do :sweat_smile:. Thanks for watching and be good out there.
Ef.

6 Likes

Looks great man!!!

1 Like

Right on, bud :call_me_hand:! Much appreciated.

So I’m stuck on that whole waiter-tray move, instead of landing in a Houdini mount with a twist I land in it double wrapped around the bearing still. There must be something within the transition and hop I’m doing wrong, I can make a vid later if it helps

2 Likes

I finally got Spirit Bomb! I could never understand the first pop in the past and now it all makes sense. I had watched that video by Throw before, but it never clicked until this time that I tried to learn it. This was one of the cleaner ones.

9 Likes

It might feel like you’re doing the pop to get it to the front, but really what you’re doing is rolling your NTH underneath the yoyo when you’re dragging it to the front, and that’s what’s creating the extra wrap.

To avoid this you can either pop the yoyo up higher to make sure it actually leaves the string and you’re not dragging your NTH under (not recommended).

Or you can wait to do the pop until the yoyo is on the inside of your NTH, so there’s no way to drag your NTH under.

Sorry for the video quality, it’s almost midnight here so it’s kinda dark outside, but I tried to record what you’re doing the first two times. That’s just rolling my NTH under the yoyo (which can feel like you’re doing the pop right, but it’s wrong), and then finally bringing the yoyo to the inside of my body from my NTH before doing the pop.

4 Likes

Yep that fixed it, thank you as always! It’s the tiny subtle movements that always get me haha

3 Likes

On the last couple steps! It’s rough but I didn’t even think I’d make it this far in a week. I like Charles’ version better, plus the tut has the overhead view which helps me the most lol

5 Likes

Yeah! Same here i looked at this trick 2 years ago and didn’t even think of ever be able to get out. . Might be a week or 2 late but i think i can get this on video sooner then later.

3 Likes

A friend learned this recently and it reminded me that this channel exists. Here’s something smooth and easy to cool down with this week.

10 Likes

My take for the week

15 Likes

Ayyyeee lmao… Def cheating this week cause I’m said friend but here it is anyways lol

LOVE this trick, feels great in the hands and it’s nice & easy elements. Just a heads up there’s a Highspeedyoyo breakdown of this trick on YT as well if anyone needs another perspective on it.

Also… Rethink yoyo is a GOLDMINE of tricks IMO, everyone check it out if you haven’t. Lots of awesome tricks from a decadeish ago on there, it was my favorite tutorial channel back in the day.

16 Likes

Gonna wait until Thursday to post this trick bc I always do it too early then clean up the trick more. Looks fun! I like when the Yoyo gets moved around by a kink in the middle like this.

6 Likes

Thank you @mable!!!

3 Likes

Okay sick I think I can finish up Rancid Milk and have this one done fairly quickly too (he says before he struggles)

2 Likes