Trick-a-Week 2023 - #52 - Control Workshop

Yay! A trick I already know! Now that I have a comfy entry point I’ll probably be a regular on this thread. Enjoy my Spirit Bomb!

4 Likes

Week 2 - angel combo

Week 10 - serpentine

And with that I’m all caught up for the year.

I’m probably never going to throw that angel combo ever again, I really don’t like most of the elements in it. I just wanted to record something for that week. It’s not smooth at all, but it’s the whole trick. Going from week 1 to week 2 this year was like getting hit by a truck lol.

I think it’s safe to say that’s going to be by far the hardest tutorial of the year. I really want to keep the rest of the tutorials somewhat reasonable and approachable.

That combo is just something you have to know yourself if you wanna learn. Because it’s going to take weeks/months of practicing that to get it consistent and looking good.

9 Likes

Alot of you guys here helped me learn spirit bomb. Appreciate it. Here’s mine with my special ceiling fan sky bind :joy:

6 Likes

I do that at least 5 times a week lol, it’s gotten to the point where my gf just goes “yoyo hit something again?”

“….yes.” :joy:

4 Likes

Me too man. I need to stop doing Eli hops indoors but sometimes I just gotta let it rip :joy:

I been meaning to shorten that string but I been getting so close to black hops with it I haven’t. Didn’t even think about it til after haha.

2 Likes

Yeah I can’t do short string, I do for 5a but I just appreciate having the extra for tricks with multiple wraps and what not. I also think it makes slacks/whips etc look cooler too

2 Likes

this is accurate LOL. i remember finishing week one being like “awesome, this is going to be fun this year” only to be smacked in the face with slacks on week 2

3 Likes

Kamikaze

9 Likes

I think I got down the opposite side flying gt to rt. It’s tricky getting into that ninja vanish from that side like that. Then I thought I was doing something wrong because I was expecting a normal gt but I think I’m doing it right? Does it have a weird twist? It slides out with no knot. Cool looking trick kinda reminds me of of how gondola looks.

2 Likes

Yup, you’re doing it right. It’s a red triangle. Gondola is just a visual flourish of sliding a red triangle around.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m still not too solid with getting that first ninja vanish. Gonna keep on working on it.

1 Like

Since it seemed like a lot of people were good with spirit bomb and ladder escape, here’s another tricky one.

This is probably going to be the hardest TaW for a bit as a fair warning, but it should be doable especially if you break it down into practicing the first and second halves of this trick individually. Since you can practice the second half by just throwing straight into a houdini mount.

11 Likes

Here’s my rancid milk.

18 Likes

That trick looks cool. I like Connors tutorials on yotricks. Going to give this one a try. I like longer tricks like this.

5 Likes

There is one more bounce in the beginning sequence I think. This was sick af and on the fh1 :exploding_head: but for prosperity I thought I’d say that like I’m pretty sure at least

Going with the old school!!!

1 Like

Well this one might take some time for me personally but I’m on a killstreak right now with these TaWs so can’t stop won’t stop :saluting_face:

Also Mable doing the majority of these with a FH1 is so dope and shouldn’t be overlooked, that ish isn’t easy!

Also just wanted to add that these tricks every week keep me going and progressing. It’s just a lot more fun and motivating to learn something when others are involved as well

6 Likes

Still a work in progress

10 Likes

Yotricks is just a different version of the trick, I learned from how Charles Haycock does it in the CLYW tutorial. I figured people would prefer a spoken tutorial over this silent version. Either version is correct, this version is just a bit smoother imo.

7 Likes

I’m curious to see it done by Spencer Berry, but couldn’t find any old footage.

1 Like