Trick-a-Week 2023 - #52 - Control Workshop

Ooh yeah I seen he had it reaaaaaal high up on his arm for that drop suicide lol. I meant at the end he does the bonus suicide flourish…Its funky and I didn’t realize you gotta toss it the other way because your arms are crossed

1 Like

Ok - not the hardest trick but mannn is this one fun lol

3 Likes

Not sure how much I enjoy the knee motion but definitely cool to do something new! And @mable knee bind is definitely cool looking!

8 Likes

Crossing the knee shot off the list…I’m feelin’ like it’s time to go back for that double slack in the tsukasa namba tutorial…have a nice weekend TaW crew!!!

8 Likes

Looking good :rocket:

1 Like

Definitely a fun one this week!

7 Likes

About time!! Week #2 The Angel Slack Combo! Been working on this since January lol. Feels good to have this down relatively clean

11 Likes

Wait! Angel doesn’t shimmy at that end. ?? I like the add though.

Oh that feeling to finally get it whole!

That was certainly a modification for personal style lol

1 Like

We got a shoutout in @ChrysaeThrows new tutorial if y’all missed it. It’s about the spinning slack element for anyone who’s trying to go back and tighten that one up, there’s a lot of good tips.

5 Likes

My Friday is already fading out. Any new trick to fill my evening :smile:

4 Likes

At the mods I’m too scared

2 Likes

#14 - Ostrich Trick

Got a banging picture trick this week. Killer flow.

Really excited to hit this.

7 Likes

The almost 4A style recapture in this trick is so cool.

7 Likes

Nice looking trick, but I really struggle with these types of tutorials… Will give it a shot.

4 Likes

If you got stuck I am happy to help. Took me a bit to analyze all the movements in slomo but I can do the trick even if it does not look very flowy. And also @mable :rocket: rocked it nicely and can for sure help.

3 Likes

“I don’t know if I’ll be able to get it this week…this looks preeeeetttty hard…but let’s give it a shot! And if I get this…you gotta…” But seriously, this trick is dope and I do have a question—I think I’m up to the hop and recapture part, but I can’t tell exactly what’s happening. I think the yoyo goes up, off the string at kind of a weird angle, then I keep my hand above it and come down and do that recapture slice around the outside and under. I get that I need to get this one string off so that I can get the yo over my throw hand like I can’t just roll over from the position I’m landing in post double unroll (if I’m doing this right), but what string segment am I aiming to get in the gap?

2 Likes

The string directly attached to your TH middle finger.

For the final GT there’s actually a lot of ways to do it if you’re struggling with getting it behind your wrist, all you’re doing for that is just passing your TH underneath the yoyo.

I tried to do all the steps slowly in this video to make it more clear

4 Likes

Awesome yeah that helps! The step where it was hanging especially made it clear. I haven’t gotten to the triangles yet but I think if I can get this recap part figured out I should be in the clear :+1:

2 Likes

Here my first attempt. Nice Trick plenty of space to improve :smile:

4 Likes