TP - ASTer

Yuta Kashiwaya’s first signature MSG is powerful and having insane stability.
However it was too heavy to throw, so I guess tp gave him another signature - ASTer - because of the problem of MSG I mentioned.

ASTer is basically heavy yoyo like MSG, but in the description, ASTer has focused on menueverability which seems strange to describe yoyo with having 70g weight.

However when I throwed it was a wonderful experience

ASTer has all of the advantage of MSG (power and stability) but changing rim into Titanium and stainless steel, it feels lighter than MSG does.

But you can still feel the weight of 70g, which can be disliked by some players who like light yoyos like draupnir.
I felt the weight of ASTer feels between hinemosu and MSG.

Yet this is still one of the best yoyo from tp you can get, so when you are interested in heavy yoyos I guess one throw of ASTer can grab your mind

13 Likes

Aster is fantastic, highly recommend it.

2 Likes

I don’t know why this is somehow unpopular…

3 Likes

TP tends to be less talked about since those who like it, buy it and know they got a good product. Also their more limited run size and higher price also puts them into a less accessible bracket.

2 Likes

I’m not going to knock anyone’s personal taste on the weight issue, but I find it’s odd to discount a yoyo purely on the basis of “heavy” weight considering we’ve all had yoyos that have a high listed weight yet feel oddly light. I don’t quite get the physics of it, but I suspect that’s a very easy explanation that defies weight as a single, independent overriding factor.

2 Likes

yoyoing is the most subjective thing iv ever come across , with style, esthetics, feel and playability being a few of the things that either, separate or pull people apart. With that, Turning Point seems to have a love hate relationship when it comes to diversity. A lot of people talk on how TP recycles design concepts. The Mustang, Colony, Alnilam, St. Elmo, and Hinemosu all have the same base design, subtracting, adding or displacing material. now, is that a bad thing? if its not broke dont fix it, seems to be the consensus of TP. instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, they seem to just improve upon an already tried and true idea, pushing it to the limit. this is one of the reasons why, we, you, and i should trust in these design decisions and ideas. And the most important thing to keep in mind when considering any thing about Turning Point, is that there not a company that’s fallowing any trends. unlike most companies, coming out with a new model, just for the sake of having some new, and fresh idea to sell the public. these are yoyos being designed by true players, professionals. or as i like to call them, “yoyo throwing ninja master assassins” if yoyo play was measured in fighting skills the Turning Point team would not to be trifled with! lol ok iv rambled enough, Peace bitches!

7 Likes

The Aster is definitely one of the best bimetals on the market. The amount of maneuverability it has while being a 70g powerhouse is crazy. It does loose a lot of power compared to the MSG, but it is definitely a worthy tradeoff for most people. The only thing it isn’t great for is horizontal, but it’s still competent at that. I doubted that trimetal would be worth it compared to the MSG, but it definitely is.

3 Likes

I agree i got my aster last week its probably the best yoyo i thrown so far its so smooth and control is awesome i love hinemosu and collapsar. But this one just has perfection

1 Like

Its crazy they both are 70g lol. But adding steel and titanium is not losong any power it beats all my other bimetals duncans, thesis, etc

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I think it’s a preference thing. I personally think aster is significantly better. More refined play feel.

1 Like

Yep, sadly I am not a hades enjoyer. Again personal preference.

2 Likes

Never played Aster but Hades is a lot of fun. It is HEAVY, very stable, very deliberate movement in play. I love it but I’ll warn you like @GTDropKnot warned me, you might hate it!

1 Like

I own a MSG and I frequently find myself wishing if it could be a tiny bit more maneuverable. ASTer has prettier colorways too but yeah I can’t afford one lmao. I still love my MSG to death tho.

2 Likes

Keep watching the BST the last 2 asters I snagged were $100 with some irrelevant spark marks.