Favourite bi metal with a narrow width?

Anything less than 43mm wide for tech play

4 Likes
2 Likes

Do you have any experiences with the ASTer?

I have my eyes on either a palp ES, hinemosu or an ASTer.

1 Like

Yeah I got one I don’t have those other yo-yos tho so can’t compare them. It’s good I like it

How would you describe the ASTer?

I wanna get more into tech play and I wanna play slower so I’m hoping a heavier throw will force me to slow my tricks down

1 Like

I’m probably not the best person to answer this bc I like hades so much and use that so often so aster like doesn’t feel heavy it’s nimble and spins for a long time it’s super stable at high rpm’s but the width does leave it where if you like go pretty far off axis like it tilts it can tilt too far pretty quick like kinda less forgiving with tilt but it’s also so stable that doesn’t happen very often just something I noticed idk it’s a really good Yoyo feels good to catch prolly will slow you down if you haven’t used anything that heavy but also it’s not like a “brick” at all like it’s easy to move it when you want

1 Like

Would you say it’s quite a powerful bi metal?

I’m an intermediate level player so I don’t want something that’s extremely powerful

1 Like

Either the Haymaker X or the Bi-metal Superstar.

Yeah it’s extremely powerful

Edit oo you said you don’t want something that’s extremely powerful so it might not be the Yoyo you bc aster is definitely powerful

1 Like

How does the haymaker x play?

I have a grasshopper 2.0 but I want something with a bit more weight and I like the bigger rims on the haymaker.

I don’t feel much of a weight difference between the Haymaker X and any of the Grasshopper GTX models. And I’d say they play very similarly, the only really noticeable difference, in my experience, being the width. The Haymaker X is just as stable and long-spinning, but it is narrower and so I guess it might make tech a little less frustrating. It might also make it better for 3A, if you’re into that.

Sounds perfect for me!

I like yo-yos with a smaller width for tech play but I also really like the power and stability of the grasshopper.

Turning point untangle is very good .

palp es and mosu are perfect for what you re looking for, bonus since you’ve already got your eyes on em

i personally like palp ES more

I just ordered a hinemosu today but I’m looking for another budget tech throw for everyday carry

1 Like

I have a Elmo and hinemosu
Elmo is really gooooood as a Every day carry, I personally have 2, one of them is a EDC.

I have had/have all 3.

I personally prefer the Aster but if you want something that is smaller in diameter then go with Palp ES.

I use my Aster daily vs my Palp ES leaving the case maybe once every few months.

Hone mosu is fantastic but I didn’t enjoy it as much as I thought I would. It’s all a preference thing

1 Like