They were $120 before all the extras were added.

1 Like

I thought the 888x was 100 pre-extras?

I’ve had a 2007 888, and boy was I impressed with it, it played like no other yoyo I’ve used, other 888s and exact bootlegs couldn’t come close! The Skyline feels very similar to it though. Also, in my opinion, the runs after 2009 gave the yoyo a bad name. The 888x played well, but it just didn’t feel right.

I like the 888x, but honestly it’s not as good as the Genesis. It should be priced around 60-70 imo

888 grew too big for its boots.

It went from being a contest yoyo to a legend. As such new players wanting the best, not elite level players became the main customer buying it. 888X became the yoyo they needed, not the yoyo it was. 888X ships RESPONSIVE. to even think of comparing it to the others is t fair as it is better to the people who buy it. When we released it we also released 888.11, which I believe outplayed all versions prior but hasn’t been mentioned. As a contest yoyo, 888 wasn’t going to keep up with the direction of modern play so we did what we needed to do preserved its legend status. It serves new people looking for ‘the best’ with the best experience available. All the features, all the luxury.

If you want value: dv888
If you want performance: supernova, genesis, HOT
If you want the best: The answer for some is still 888

I don’t see why the 888 wouldn’t be a modern competition yoyo. By the way, I hate the short axles on the 2011 888 :stuck_out_tongue: There is so much more room in the hubstack post, why not use most of it?

Might go supernova !

:smiley:

When I got mine in '07 it cost me a C note ($100)

I would kill for a DNA. Full sized 888 sounds AWESOME

then again, IF YOU KILL FOR A DNA YOU WILL GO TO JAIL THROWLESS!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

not if i don’t get caught ::slight_smile:

I knew you were gona say that!! :wink: