Top yo 5+6 colossus paint coming off/Current stock heads up!

Anyone with a colossus 6 who doesn’t have this problem. When I finger spin on my mail or throw a talon grind I get blue paint on my finger and now there’s rings on the paint on the finger spin side. Never had an issue with top yo before till this… The 5 is doing it too :confused:

The anodization (which is dye fwiw and not paint) may not have been properly sealed or they missed sealing that one.

Damn makes the yo-yo kinda worthless to me :confused: like the pic I sent of my finger was after one spin after a couple my whole finger is blue. I bought a colossus 5 off yye too and it feels equally cheap…

Just checked the 5 does the same thing… probably avoid top yo now. What’s sad is they were my fav Chinese company. My Selene and Silenus rock these are just making me sad watching the paint come off

Just find it’s funny it’s both from different runs

Are they both splash anodized? I have a Colossus V and your post got my curious so I went and tried some thumb grinds and (horrible) finger spins and had no issue, no anodizing wearing off or color on fingers. The only thing different about it though is that it’s a solid color. If your V is also splash or acid wash, maybe their process for it is slightly flawed in someway or you just got incredibly unlucky.

For the $25/30 (idr the cost) I paid for the Colossus V, it plays way better than I thought it would. I’m sorry you’re having problems with yours though, that is never fun and always a bummer :confused:

1 Like

The rims of the yoyo feel not glossy/matte while the finger spin hub feels glossy. It’s weird because I’ve had several other top yos and they’ve been great. I bought these off yye two days ago so I’d assume if they’re both like this they all are on there website of these colorways. Maybe @YoYoExpertGarrett might have an idea?

1 Like

My solid color one feels the same way, they blasted the outsides but polished the cups. I didn’t like it at first but it’s grown on me, still not my favorite presentation though as it is a bit jarring.

1 Like

Yeah I was cool with that though till the fingerspin area started coming off. But yeah def a little weird didn’t know if that was normal or not. Thanks for clearing that up at least. But yeah I guess these missed a step what you said seems to be true

Contact yoyoexpert support and they should take care of you. It seems like you got b grades.

1 Like

I would contact yo-yo expert or top yo. I have seen this happen a few times . It’s not unheard of. Top yo makes great yo-yos but from what I can tell they produce a truckload of yo-yos and I would imagine that some of them get through with a few flaws .

3 Likes

these are made of the rather exotic 7003 grade aluminum and most surface treatment shops are likely not familiar with it

3 Likes

FWIW, I recently got a Colossus VI in the Galaxy colorway and I haven’t noticed any issue with the color coming off.

3 Likes

It’s really quite a terrible feeling on the fingernail and it’s more prominent on talon grinds the paint will turn my whole finger blue tint on both throws. You can see the rings on the C6 where the paint came off. But yeah I emailed them. Appreciate the feedback guys!

Grinding your yoyo on any surface, even fingernails, can cause the ano to fade/wear. It usually doesn’t happen this fast though and I haven’t heard of any other similar issues with the Colossus. If you already sent an email they’ll help you out.

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply. And yeah like first throw it started coming off. Very strange indeed

1 Like

Well was contacted and just told this happens sometimes -_-. From someone who’s thrown for years I can assure you my finger does not turn blue on any other yoyo I grind or finger grind and this doesn’t happen sometimes. Def was given a faulty product. Be warned about the colossus in the YYE store currently

1 Like

“This happens sometimes” is what I got in the email unfortunately

No it doesn’t lol. I’ve owned over 100 yos and plenty of top yos. This is after 3 talon grinds. Kinda unimpressed with the customer service I would’ve just offered a replacement but it’s not that much money so whatever but be Warned

I wish I had gotten a B grade these are more like trash grades imo. These bother me more than a damaged throw or a ton of vibe tbh