Too Responsive

Well, my yoyo , KickSide, is a little too responsive.
I try to throw a sleeper but it just like goes back up.
Can Someone help me
Post a Video or Picture or text to help me

A Kickside isn’t truely unresponsive without a set of red shims. I would suggest picking up a set of Red YYJ Shims and slapping those into the Kickside. A couple other ideas would be to sand the starburst down smooth, clean your bearing, and silicone the o-ring’s groove. Viola! Completely unresponsive Kickside, just how mine is set up :smiley:

Like I mean Its too responsive. You know how when you have a knot and you do a sleeper it comes back up when you don’t want it to like you throw it down and right when you hit the knot it comes back up. Mine doesn’t even sleep it just like regular yoyos.
Im thinking its the string but like I’m going to bring it to my friend to make sure if everythings all right

d4rqk0n3 understood your statement. He gave you good advice. One other thing is, did you know the kickside has an adjustable gap? The gap is adjusted by tightening or untightening the yoyo halves. Try unscrewing it a bit and see what happens. Just make sure you don’t turn it far enough to leave a space betwen the bearing and the shell.

1 Like

I figured out why it was to responsive. Its just the I put the string on wrong, I just put a loop and twisted and put it around the barring then the string broke. One of my friends is making me new strings tomorrow.
Also, do you know where I can buy string at stores so I don’t really have to wait

Unless there is a store near you that sells yoyos you will probably have to buy it online.

Or you can try making some yourself.

Which his friends doing…

He claimed that he does not want to wait, so making some himself is going to be faster.

and also a terrible idea for an obviously newer player.

if your friend can make you some, awesome. if not, you can find string at some hobby/toy stores, even though it’s usually not the greatest quality. my advice is to order some online and make due with what your friend makes for you until you receive your order. making your own QUALITY string is not as easy as people make it out to be. regardless, if you order from YoYoExpert, you’ll have it within 2 or 3 days usually, and that’s really not that long to wait.