Too nice to EDC? (Every Day Carry)

ya ya …I think I might have an everyday “EDC” 2. uh huh huh…huh huh :wink:

What is all of this? Lol

I don’t usually edc anything, but when I do I take my Sovereign along.

I probably would take other stuff along, but I don’t feel a need to. The Sovereign wasn’t 100% mint when I got it, and I don’t throw much on the go anyways, so it fit the bill perfectly. Sure, it’s not my best playing throw, but it gets the job done for the small amount of throwing I do out of the house, where I don’t find myself wishing I had brought something else.

I still do take my other stuff out and about every once in a while, but they’re still mostly relegated to being thrown over carpet even when I do.

That being said, I just hopped on the Executive train, so I’m probably going to start edc’ing that a lot more than I’ve ever carried a throw around.

The two throws that get the most EDC with me are the Rebellion Lilliputian (all black ano) and the MonkeyfingeR 2Evil (Black/gold acid w/red splash and red Dragonslayer stamp). They’ve both been dinged and sanded but that ain’t no big thing. :sunglasses:

I EDC one of my Chiefs that has a couple dings and a slight vibe. It’s by no means beat, but to me it wouldn’t be the end of the world if i scuffed it or something. While I don’t baby my yoyos by any means, i still do my best to keep them with as little damage as possible. In my experience, dings can cause vibe, and vibe can make a yoyo play just slightly differently. I have no intention of selling my yoyos later, that’s not why I do my best to not damage them. I just see it as keeping them in their best playable condition. So, in answer to your question, I probably wouldn’t EDC a brand new bimetal. Bimetals tend to be the finickiest in regards to vibe, with the rings on some models vulnerable to being knocked out of alignment with just a hard hit on wood. The way I see it, your shutter will be a good EDC that you won’t ever have to worry about, and while it very likely won’t be as great as throwing your bimetal, it’s much safer, and you’re more likely to keep your bimetal in better condition for longer. In my eyes, the slight added enjoyment of throwing a nicer yoyo doesn’t outweigh the fear and risk of having the nice yoyo lost, stolen, or damaged. Sure, it’s a bit overly precautionary, but it works for me and all the yoyos I keep at home have stayed in the same condition as when i first got them.

I EDC my Fulvia BTM-R proto. But I guess I’m a bit biased. ;D

I feel that way about my Kuhn RH-2.Think I got it for $35.
Dont throw it often.
I mostly play w/ magic yo’s.They play good for the price.

If you feel comfortable throwing an expensive yo,go for it!

Always have a back up!

BONEz’

I banged my Firrox on the floor and then I made a “no bimetals in the house rule.” I only carry cheaper yoyos for a EDC

I refuse to let possible yoyo damage dictate what I throw or where I throw.

Fear is not in charge of my decisions.

…Every time a guy jumps out of a plane; his chute might fail. But he jumps.

…Every time you skate down a hill at night; you may hit a rock and go flying. But you go.

…Every time you eat anywhere away from home; you may get poisoned. Are you starving?

…life is way too short to have a ding-phobia🤔

Don’t hide you best playing yoyos in a shoebox under the bed.

EDC whatever plays great and blaze.

Period.

1 Like

Was the Firrox damaged? (was the floor damaged? LOL)

I guess my thought is, if I don’t EDC my >$90 Yoyo’s it doesn’t make any sense for me to buy any more of them because they won’t be used very much at all. In that case it would only make sense for me to buy < $60 throws that I am willing EDC. Because personally, (for me) I don’t buy to collect, I buy to use.

So, (for me) I’ll continue to buy the sometimes expensive Yoyos I really want, and EDC them. It’s a superfluous expense to be sure, but if I’m getting use (and enjoyment) out of them, I don’t mind.

As YoyoDoc pointed out earlier… (in my opinion) A Yoyo is like a skateboard or a mountain-bike, potentially expensive, but really only enjoyed when used.

I carry any yoyo I own, like others have said, I play my toys, I don’t want them to sit and collect dust. That said, I’m careful with them, but, try not to baby them.

If I own it, I throw it. anywhere anytime Baby.
Dont be afraid, its only money.