Tom Kuhn Appreciation thread

Awesome collection!

Nice scotrans.

Like I was saying, do not let anyone sweet talk you out of any of those without knowing value. That is a collection many of us here would drool over.

1 Like

Hi -

Thanks for your responses.

I am slowing working my way through the Tom Kuhn and Tom Kuhn-BC yoyos.

I am using eBay completed sales and Hall’s Yoyo Museum site  (http://www.yoyomuseum.com/museum_view.php) for the more rare yoyos.

Are the values, when listed at the Yoyo Museum close to accurate?  I have found Museum’s description of design & production history in the YoYo Museum’s fascinating.

For a couple potential grins, I have posted a picture of what i believe to be a 2nd (or defective) Mandala.

Best
Scot

1 Like

I wouldn’t go off the prices there. Some are really high, some are really low.  The one you have below is the Snowflake Mandala, the museum has it with a value of $30.  I personally feel that is REALLY low for that yoyo.

1 Like

Finally after dreaming of one for nearly 10 years a 15 yo-yo Heirloom box set is mine.
The icing on the cake is that it contains one of my top 5 most wanted Kuhn’s a 3 in 1 wonder Flying camel. A very happy day indeed.

6 Likes

Outstanding!

1 Like

Congrats ! That looks incredible …

Many thanks. I guess it’s true everything does come to those who wait.
Keep the faith these things are still out there… Happy hunting.

1 Like

That is absolutely amazing!

1 Like

I still can’t believe I was so lucky, it popped up on the UK eBay site and I was the only bidder would you believe! ( £350 was the winning bid ) I guess there’s very few of us TK fans still left this side of the pond.
It has a somewhat different logo on the lid - see picture - all the logos I’ve seen before were fully engraved not just an outline. Does anyone know if this indicates an early or late edition?

6 Likes

Here’s another resent eBay find.
This Fisherman’s wharf woody was in a mixed lot of mostly Hummingbird advertising yo-yo’s.

2 Likes

Another great find! I might have to search up TK more often on eBay ;D

This is my personal favorite, took a lot of searching to find…

This is a version that Tom made very few of. This one resides in his personal collection:

7 Likes

Awesome, that truly is a holy grail TK.

1 Like

I’m really appreciating all of these TK yoyos! They’rereally cool.

1 Like

Here’s some fine wood from the collection of the man himself Dr Tom.

6 Likes

WOW!

1 Like

That’s amazing! I’m glad to see Tom kept a bunch of the rarer stuff, I haven’t even seen some of those Mandalas.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing these pics. Wonderful collection!

We’re not happy until you’re not happy! *<B{Q>

1 Like

Awesome score!

We’re not happy until you’re not happy! *<B{Q>

1 Like

Oh MAN! Just when I had given up on eBay - 2 grails to one guy!

Congrats!

1 Like