Tom Kuhn Appreciation thread

i had one that was full ano. if you look where the black splashes finish, they end rather abruptly, and are not uniform with the remainder of the wear on the yoyo. this ano was typically less vibrant.

not saying it couldn’t be done at the factory, i guess i should say i haven’t seen it previously

1 Like

Hello guys… First post on the forum. Just started playing a month ago and loving every minute… I have been watching every one learning fixed axle…watching Ed,Drew,Kyle, Doc pop and Gethin oh ya and Mr Yoyothrower… it’s been so much fun… well the question I have just bought a TK NO JIVE, and was wondering do you butterfly the yoyo or do most people use it imperial shape for 0A?? Thanks in advance…

4 Likes

Butterfly for me

1 Like

Awesome thanks… it’s a shame though, the lettering looks so cool on the yoyo… But I agree… All the pictures on Instagram have the yo-yo always imperial shaped, I guess it looks nicer that way … lol … Thanks again yoyo joe…

1 Like

Also just wanted to say the nojive doesn’t really have a response system. So I would recommend installing some pads, double looping the string at the end, or roughing up the inside with sandpaper.

1 Like

Hey nice to meet ya! I liked playing my no jive imperial, for some reason imperials are better for kickflips imo, but can’t go wrong either way with that throw!

3 Likes

One time I set up a No Jive for Augie and was like “you want imperial or bfly?” And he said “my head says butterfly but my heart says imperial!” Can def relate.

A lot of the stuff I like to do most does fit best w butterfly. But with No Jives I do tend to play em more in imperial lately. As long as it spins true and the gap’s good though I’m happy!

7 Likes

Cool thanks, your Instagram is awesome!

1 Like

Wow Ed , thanks for the input!! You constantly amaze me with Your style and tricks… And I’m so grateful for Bandalores on Instagram… I’ve been watching and learning from there… Cool man thanks again…

1 Like

Thanks dude! You’re traditional ways on insta right?!

1 Like

Yea!!! Lol … Man you’re good!! Thanks again for that Duncan butterfly recommendation :grin::+1:t3:

1 Like

I figure this might be a good place to ask: Are the Woodys that the TK site currently has in stock decent? I’ve heard rumors that concern me, but the price is right, and it’s a pretty straightforward wooden fixie, so I’m just curious if anyone knows. Thanks in advance!
And here’s a shot of my collection, minus a beat to heck blue-and-white 3-in-1 that went missing ages ago.

7 Likes

No Jive collection update!
There are a couple more models and variations but Aspen is the last on my list!

25 Likes

I’m excited for the day you complete it!

2 Likes

You finally got the Infinite Illusions one!

3 Likes

I have only seen these in butterfly shape before. Did I get an oddity? My guess is that they made both.

4 Likes

Beautiful.

I have developed a respect and love for TKs. I am severely limited to one 3in1 No Jive, courtesy of @codinghorror, the New SB Ti, and a SB 2 (from 1999) that is arriving today.

I would love to get an SB 1 and an @edhaponik Simply Play No Jive.

For some reason, I enjoy throwing responsive more than anything. There is something calming and good feeling about it. I am going back and trying to develop my responsive and 0a skills.

6 Likes

I’m jealous the Smothers Wines are on my grail list.

1 Like

Here it is. Infra-red SB-2 1999 with all the accessories.
Also the SB-ti. Both are just wonderful!

10 Likes

It’s been a grail of mine also. But I have two grail lists. The “only if I hit the lotto list” and the “only if I get incredibly lucky list”. I got incredibly luck on this one, eBay seller who regularly deals in high quality yarn somehow had this and took my offer.

3 Likes