Tom Kuhn Appreciation thread

I think eBay has been overzealous in auto-resisting on occasion. I know a previous item I bought using the “buy it now” feature was relisted without the seller taking action.

However, in the case of the metallic green No Jive, I’m pretty sure they had two. The box I received was almost identical to the photos shown on the original auction.

2 Likes

Has anyone seen. No Jive with a bearing inside? I recently picked up a Clean Machine and was surprised to find a bearing. I can take the bearing out and put in one of my extra wood axles, but I’m interested in who may have taken on this modification. I have no information on the original owner; this came from an estate sale.

8 Likes

Hahaha GROSS! (JK, but that is weird lol)
I know kyo (Kyle Weems) did a few No Jive bearing mods, and Mo did as well - although they were more involved:

8 Likes

somebody snag this NOW - buy it now $75?!?!

I would but I’ve got one.
Could prob turn around and get double for it!

6 Likes

Thought the same thing! I’m trying to be good :grin:

2 Likes

Ha, well… somebody scored!

2 Likes

That was a nice piece. Still hoping the butterfly Quatle comes around at some point.

The autographs are under the clear coat. Anyone know the story behind that or how many were signed before the finish?

12 Likes

Ok - it’s been a while since I took out all the TK wood - Excluding roller woodies and sleep machines… Those and the TK metals are in another drawer. See if you can identify each and every one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The two Heirloom are both originals, showing the variety of what was included over the years (and one was from UK).

Detail pics can follow…

25 Likes

I always wanted the “Box”

Oh baby

I’ve got a bunch. What’s your address?

Really nice collection. I am jealous for some of the yoyos that you have two of.

Can anyone give me a quick guide on how to tune a Sleep Machine? Mine has a bit of wobble.

2 Likes

You have too much axle into one half. I always completely reset the internals and then go a half a turn on each side until you get the gap you want. It takes time to do it right but I don’t know another way. Let’s ask a guy I know @edhaponik

4 Likes

That’s about my method for SB2’s and RW/SM. It’s a brilliant adjustable gap system, but can be tricky to tune.

3 Likes

Thanks buddy!

1 Like

Did they do this in the shop or is this a home grown?

5 Likes

that was a shop ano, but if the rims are stripped, that looks like it was done after

1 Like

Here’s another. Looks so crisp and uniform.

5 Likes