Tom Kuhn Appreciation thread

Man this makes me sad. I never had a TK, and over the last month or two got real excited about fixie stuff. Now I go to fing a No-Jive and see that eBay price gouging is my only option. Huge bummer. If anyone has a beater they want to sell me for a reasonable price, let me know!

Edit: I don’t know what I searched on eBay last week, but I did find many No-Jives for retail price on eBay. Still looking for a beater though. Gotta gets me them deals, lol.

5 Likes

I’m sure I have at least one San Fran era Jive in a suit pocket or an old pair of pants, but these are my Jives:

16 Likes

I see at least one in that collection I’d love to trade for :wink:

And I think at least one @edhaponik May still be looking for as well. Ever find the National Yoyo museum Ed? At least I thought that was on your “need” list.

6 Likes

The Magda 95er! I totally forgot about that yoyo. Good stuff.

3 Likes

My current collection, I’ve sold and given away a number, keeping my favorite players, but may be adding a few more in the next month :grin:

9 Likes

Not exactly a beater, but might suit your needs…

About half way down the page.

2 Likes

You definitely won’t beat $20 for a TK 3-in-1, I’d hop on that!

1 Like

I’ll take it! DM on its way.

Seems like it!

@jhb8426 got it! Love it! Already turned it inside out!

8 Likes

Great. Glad to see it arrived and is being enjoyed.

3 Likes

Try and contact @yoyodave42 I know he was selling a few on here and ebay. He may have some b-grades or beaters

Edit: don’t PM, find his post and email him.

2 Likes

Well I did get the blue one already, but I love it and would love to try and find one that isn’t painted. Thanks for the heads-up!

2 Likes

Some new additions to my TK collection

14 Likes

Oh WOW, the Tom Kuhn dentist yo-yo. He’s a dentist in real life. I had never seen this one! I assume you knew about it @edhaponik? It’s a Woody, maybe?

Here is the other side of it.

4 Likes

Great score! Glad you got a stamped CM (and a JT Cosmic Otter too - rad!)

3 Likes

Not a woody, it’s a special edition of the Redline to celebrate 35 years of Tom’s dental practice.

9 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the info Wayne!

3 Likes

Sweet score Aaron, please let me know when you’ve had enough of owning that cosmic otter! :wink:

4 Likes