To the Point - Yoyofactory CzechMate aka CZM8 Review

It was pretty hard to supersede the impression I had from the Rally.

Why did I even get the CM after the Rally? My play style somewhat resembles VK’s new style. After watching that CZM8 video a month ago, I thought “maybe I should get this yoyo. Might benefit me.” Shape was nice. The yoyo was pink too. Decided to save up and get one.

It’s a keeper.

Stats:
Diameter: 56.5 mm / 2.22 inches
Width: 42.4 mm / 1.67 inches
Weight: 66.9 grams

First impression:
“This yoyo is so pink. 10/10”

Comfort, Feel, etc.:
Pink. Nice shape. Rims are angular with a rounded lip. Feels sharp, but not Septopus sharp. Blast is… different but nice. I dinged the CM and feel barely anything. No blast in the response area.

Response/Bearing, Axle:
It’s pink. It’s snaggy. Few slippery binds. Might put flowable. It works well for horizontal, though.

Came with probably the best stock CenterTrac I’ll ever see. Spins as if cleaned. I do like CenterTracs, but only in certain throws (Dietz, Stargazer). I think it plays more stably with a KK. Not as fun, though.

The axle is superglued. While playing in my driveway, I had a parts explosion and dinged the CM a bit. It is a problem with short axles, but I wish it wasn’t superglued. I have not had this problem with my Stargazer (I think).

Play:
It does everything and what you expect, not too much more. Pretty “standard.” Keeps momentum extremely well. “Plays itself,” but not like a YYR. It’s the main reason why I use it. Moves fast for its size. Plays 85% in my style right out of the box. That just blew me out of the water. Can play really slow and flowy, but with its limited sleep time, I would just play fast. (Some say it plays slow and heavy, but I think it’s fine. I admit- I can’t play it as fast as I did “out of the box” right now- but just saying, it can play really, really fast.) Stability is good. Not as stable as the Stargazer, the last yoyo I’ve played; the Rally is too stable for a comparison. It has a little wall, which some people favor. I personally don’t like walls. Has difficulty with direction changes, but not as much as a Code1. With a bit of play, it’s very consistent. It’s more of a performance yoyo than a “lemme go and do random stuff” yoyo. Sometimes it does help you “land that trick,” however.

The CM is a yoyo that grows on you, as some have claimed. After a week of play (just the CM alone), I enjoyed it. I could continue using it forever, but my other throws would get lonely. Feel wise, I would compare it to a Dietz a bit. You will have to play it a lot in isolation to appreciate it like a Chief, though. Otherwise, it just feels boring. (Remember! IT PLAYS WELL.) If you’re looking for a performer, here it is.

Grinds well. Perfect weight. Has a smooth, flowy, pleasant feeling.

So was it a good decision? If it wasn’t so PINK… no.*
…but for the price, YES.

The CzechMate does benefit my play style very much, but otherwise it’s not particularly fun to play with. It “lacks personality.” Sure, it’s a good player for the price. I could use it purely for competition. Performs well. It gets stuff done. I pretty much forget it’s NOT a high end metal. Many people like it, and I do think it is the best YYF (performance wise) I have played.

It doesn’t sleep too long, though (IMO). I’ve become careful so I could get through my combos. It can take a lot of sloppiness in some situations. I expected the CM would sleep fairly long for its shape and size (think Superstar lol), but I was wrong.

It’s definitely one beautiful, beastly yoyo. I’ll tell you that.

Pros:
pink
plays well for price ($70) / a “go to” yoyo
momentum
beautiful finish and ano

Cons:
standard/”lacks personality” (but it has a nice float in lacerations, though)
sleep time (depends on the thrower)

Rating:
6.5/10

Play worth/MSRP:
130/70

If you do have a CM in pink, I recommend playing with it outside on a cloudy day. It’s amazing.

*- I like having money hehehe

1 Like

Fantastic review. I have a CZM8 and you’ve described it almost perfectly! Espcially about the blast, it’s very… different feeling. Almost sticky but not…

I agree about the response. I don’t think the competition pads really work in it too well, I think I might swap mine out for some YYF Natural pads.

I have to slightly disagree on the spin time aspect of it though. Granted, it doesn’t match up to throws like Doomsday Genesis/YYR Gleipnir, but I haven’t found the spin time to be particularly lacking. But then I’ve heard people say similar about the Puffin and it seems to spin plenty long for me, so maybe I just have a really hard throw. =P

Either way, great review. Does a great job of describing the CZM8. =)

1 Like

Thanks! I enjoyed the CM a bunch, so I thought it definitely needed another review.

As for sleep time, it’s enough, but especially after playing with the Rally, I felt the sleep time was a bit shorter than expected. However, it could be due to the response as I’ve had the same problem w/ my Dietz.

BUMP

It’s such a good throw. I let my friends try it, and they love it!