To get a metal or not to get a metal? That is the question.

that kid was me… i was in such a hurry to make a review.

Regarding the subject of this thread, I played responsive for years but got tired of dead or quickly dying spins as I tried to learn more advanced tricks with more strings in the gap. It was OK for the longest time because I wasn’t an avid yo-er. I’d pick it up and play it every now and then for a month or so and then might not pick it up again for 6 months or more. Even now, I’m only about 1/4th of the way through the advanced tricks in the learning section because of my relative indifference. When I put my mind to it, I’ve been learning the tricks in that section fairly quickly. Right now, I’m in another yoing phase and want to learn more tricks as well as improve on the ones I already know. I only have 3 yoyos right now. I have a totally unresponsive Lyn Fury which I’m learning on now. I also have a Kickside and a FH2 which I barely play at all. I don’t really like the hybrid response in my Kickside but I love the feel of this yo so I think I’m going to shim it to try and make it unresponsive and maybe I’ll like playing with it more. I hate the Duncan friction stickers and messing around with them so I’m going to recess and silicone the FH2 to see how that works out. I’ve been on the fence about getting a metal and was scared away by the high prices but the sale pricing on the YYF DV888 has me wanting to take the plunge. I think I’m going to make it my first all-metal. Even though I’m not that hot of a player yet, I’ve got enough stuff to make it work for me, have fun with it and would look forward to growing into the capabilities of the DV888.

nice siggy…

Way to be off topic! :wink:

Its so out of place…
2 g5s
a mybanner logo
and an orange mushie…

Still… let’s get back on topic.

Jacob.

You have THE BEST TOPIC EVeR!!!

protostar=>dv888

So instead of getting a metal, get a protostar

What?

I think the OP needs to rethink his opinions. There are tons of guy that are super good and never touched a responsive yoyo. I think people should not tell others what to do unless asked.

I also think that if you want a metal then get one. don’t take the advice that someone that doesn’t really know what he is talking about. I have been yoyoing for over 6 years. Started out unresponsive. So did my son. Now he is sponsored by an awesome company by the name of Big Brother. Certain things work with certain people. They say you have to learn to crawl before you walk but that’s not true either. I have a friend that has a son that could never crawl but was walking before he was 10 months old. My point is if you think that you should play responsive then “you” should. Not everyone else.

I think this thread is about to get locked.

2 Likes