To everyone on the forum who recommended the Speedaholic XX

Thank you! I’ve seen the Speedaholic XX recommended several times here and I was looking for something different from my usual monometal throws. Wow this thing is great. Fits my hand perfectly, binds predictably, smooth as can be, and stable. Price is right too.
As an aside I got a Replay Pro at the same time and it was a horrible disappointment. It had a nasty hollow plastic sound and felt as bad as it sounded. I thought removing the caps might help. That lessened the sound but it still sounded and felt terrible. I know it is half the cost of the Speedaholic XX so that is an unfair comparison but for the same price as the Replay Pro you could get a MagicYoyo Node or Hertz either of which put the Replay Pro to shame. I’ve already taken the bearing out of the Replay Pro and thrown everything else in the trash, it was that bad.
Speedaholic XX for the win.

14 Likes

Get the replay out of the trash, put in a thick lubed half spec bearing, play it responsive. You’re welcome.

3 Likes

that replay is a keepsake, throw it for three days before tossing it in the trash or patching it with a beefcake.

1 Like

So just my 2 cents here. I have 5 replay pros and I beat the absolute snot out of them. They go in camping bags, in my work bag, on the floor of my car when I forget about them. The thing is they function. They’re not premium feeling, they are not special, they are purely utility and I like that. I wouldn’t ever throw them out because I have a place for stuff like that in my life. Like I have one that I use for 5a and literally do not care where I throw it. Concrete pad, parking lot, beach, don’t care because its a beater. Personally id dig that thing out of the trash and find something to do with it but to each thier own.

Im glad your stoked on the Speedaholic XX! Definitely going to be the next plastic I pick up, it just hasnt been a priority.

3 Likes

A gutted yoyo thrown in the trash is a hard thing for throwers to imagine. I understand. The bearing seems fine so I’ll keep it to use as a replacement. The Replay’s heart will beat on in another throw. Lost a cheap yoyo but gained a decent bearing. I could see using a Replay Pro as a true beater but I’ve got Nodes to serve that purpose and they are more to my taste. Interesting to see how different people view something like this.

2 Likes

Hertz is perfect.

2 Likes