Magic yo-yo Y01 node or Reply Pro

So I wanted to get a new yo-yo cause I broke my YYF Velocity
I wanted to know about the most heard unresponsive yo-yo namingly the replay pro and the cheap budget friendly Magic YoYo Y01 node ( the best option as a metal yo-yo available for me )
Which one is better?
And which is durable and good for me as I am YoYoing for about 3 months with a YYF Velocity

And I keep banging my yo-yo every now and then so I wanted a yo-yo good for long term.

2 Likes

If you feel ready for an aluminum yoyo then definitely go for the Node. It is an excellent choice for the money. However, if you feel like sticking with plastic I would recommend something like the YYF Arrow rather than the Replay Pro. The Replay Pro has a frustratingly wide gap and feels heavy on the string, IMO. I feel that the Arrow serves as a better transition yoyo than the Replay Pro for going from a Velocity to a monometal.

4 Likes

+1 for the Node.

Great bang for buck ratio. I use one as a 5a beater- no fear flying over concrete at that pricešŸ˜‰

2 Likes

Of the two you have chosen I would go with the node, I loved mine but I passed it on to the Mrs to practice with. Sheā€™s not into yoyo and just humours me I think :heart::pleading_face:
Sounds like your ready for the next step to full metal.
Iā€™m sure your get alternatives too from the great folks here.

The bangs will happen, such is yoyoā€™ing
Sooo just donā€™t spend too much on your first one.

Go with your heart and you canā€™t go wrong.
Happy throwing dude!!

5 Likes

Node! Iā€™ve actually been carrying mine around the last 2 days. I agree that the MYY node is a great intro to metal throws. Iā€™ve often seen them for less then $20 on sale.

3 Likes

I would pick the Node over the Replay Pro

3 Likes

Why do you say that? Having problems with binds?

1 Like

When I was learning to bind, the 4.8mm gap of the Replay Pro was incredibly frustrating. It helped a little to use really thick string, but even then I could never warm up to its size, shape, and lumbering feel in play. I just donā€™t recommend it as a yoyo for transitioning a beginner into the intermediate phase of trick learning.

3 Likes

I have not used a node, however I feel the replay is starting to show its age a bit. I know you didnā€™t mention it but have you considered a speedaholic?

2 Likes

If your more of a pro, then go with the node, but if your a beginner, go with the replay. the polycarbonate is going to help you a ton

By the way, the replay pro to me is more of a fun yoyo

If you like yoyos that are ā€œthatā€ cheap, go with the replay.