TMBR x Ed Haponik x YoYoExpert present the EH 2019 - SPECTRA!

Engravings are complete! We went slightly smaller on this run of EHknowns to keep the placement more consistent and reduce defects. The rEHnbow engravings are about the same as last run.

11 Likes

For those who asked to be placed on a waitlist for this re-release, what is the method of notification being used?

2 Likes

If you got one of those testers like last time where you put the engraving all over, I will totes pay full price for it.

1 Like

What a beautiful imageā€¦ :heart_eyes:

1 Like

What is this wait list exactly? If there is one, I need to be on it. I thought it was just going to be first come, first served.

1 Like

Maybe that list is on the other side of the sheet with the secret Spinworthy listā€¦ :wink:

I assumed that list is the people who missed out on the last release.

Yeah, I have no idea what this list isā€¦Iā€™m just being snarky over the idea of special lists.

The list a few people keep mentioning is in reference to this post from AndrƩ: TMBR x UNKNOWN x Ed Haponik present: The EHKNOWN!

Pretty much if you missed out on the EHknown release in September, you could have sent us an email and we added you to a ā€˜holdā€™ list for this release.

3 Likes

Ah, back in Sep '19, long before I acquired an interest in wood fixies.

Is it too late to get in on this list?

1 Like

Thatā€™d be how I missed it. Joined the forum after that.

I would say itā€™s too late now. If we start adding more people now then we wonā€™t have any yo-yos left for the official release.

It was more of a ā€˜for those who really really wanted an EH, but couldnā€™t get one during the release because they sold out so fastā€™ kind of list.

3 Likes

I have a sinking feeling that getting one of these eHKNOWNs is going to be like getting in on a G2 drop.

1 Like

Unfortunately all unknown editions are that way.

3 Likes

Wands at the ready!

3 Likes

Donā€™t worry, I will offer a worthy alternative. :wink:

5 Likes

I just want a rainbow spectra so if first come is good enough for that one Iā€™m happy.

I dunno why people donā€™t just make a ton of the dang yo-yos. Itā€™s like they HATE MONEY or something?

1 Like

Canā€™t tell if youā€™re kidding. If not:

Have you seen how Colin makes them?
He canā€™t just request parts from overseas - he MAKES the parts which he uses to MAKE the parts by hand. Hereā€™s a few of the jigs heā€™s used to turn recent versions of the eH. If you havenā€™t had a chance, heā€™s done some live videos of him turning - itā€™s a super intuitive and time-consuming process.

And you know heā€™s got a 9-5 making custom handcrafted furniture? Because who doesnā€™t want to turn wood all day to come home, high five their family and head to the shed toā€¦ turn more wood?

Lastly, Iā€™m not sure how much do you think he makes per boutique wooden yoyo compared with the material & time needed to complete it, but I assure you making yo-yoā€™s this way has more to do with a love of either yo-yoā€™s or wood than a love of money (not that any of us HATE it, no).

Weā€™re doing what we can - to make em, do tricks with em, and get em into peoplesā€™ hands. This isnā€™t an ā€œitā€™s SO TOUGHā€ post so much as a ā€œthis is why there arenā€™t 500 of emā€ post. I KNOW we appreciate the support. :pray:

16 Likes

support :gift:

And a helping of patience on this sidešŸ˜‰