Titanic vs Iceberg

At the risk of digging up more controversy about the names of these two, could anyone give a detailed review of the iYoyo Titanic? I’m curious if it plays similar to the Iceberg.

1 Like

Hey Pete,
They have a lot similarities. I think two differences are the iceberg is a tiny bit faster/agile and the Titanic is a bit more stable. But it is very minimal since both are awesome Yoyos. Titanic simply feels more premium since the iceberg is very loud as every owner knows. If you like the iceberg it is definitely a good idea to pick a titanic up. It has a good price and is a very good throw.

4 Likes

I don’t have either but the Iceberg has a lot of reviews and seems to be well regarded. So at least I have a point of reference. I was on the fence because the shape to me seems like it would be more rimweighted, slower, and stable, like a grasshopper GTX and typically I like lighter fast throws. But the ad copy for the Titanic on YYE has the words “fast” and “nimble,” so I’m not sure. Would you consider this fast and light on the string?

1 Like

Yes fast light stable are the words for iceberg and titanic.
Shape is a matter of taste, I like it a lot. The Tissox is also in my top 3 throws I have ever played. So I am overall a fan of this kind of shapes. I have also a Grasshopper GTX is very heavy and slow in comparison.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply! That’s helpful. I may pick one up.

1 Like

One last thing which I do not like is the glossy finish…
That is why I tend to play my iceberg more. I looks amazing but it is a fingerprint magnet and I just like raw Titan like e.g. Tissox or other common raw Ti/ss
But that also boils down to taste and has no real impact on the play. Grinds are ok (glossy) and finger spins are fantastic actually.

1 Like