Iceberg classic or Iceberg new

So i have been thinking about getting an iceberg for a little while but i dont know which one i should get. most people said to me that they are just the same but when i went to it on yoyoexpert it said newly redesigned Iceberg. i was just wondering if any of you have suggestions for which one i should get and how they play.

2 Likes

The new one is wider… that’s about the difference.

Classic a bit wider slightly more floaty. Classic plays a bit faster and more stable. The differences are very slight and I probably don’t have enough play time with either to give the best comparison. Both mostly sit on my shelf.

1 Like

The wide is easier to fingerspin for sure, if that’s important to you. They are both very capable finger spinners but with the classic you have to catch it right in the dimple, while the “new” one is a little more forgiving and allows you to kind of slide into the dimple.

I personally prefer the classic. There is something special about it. The “new” feels sort of generic, like, there are a lot of yo-yos that play similar but the classic just rips in a very unique way.

I would say the new one if you like them wide and the classic if you like them fast.

1 Like

thanks! i like yoyos that play fast and i am not really a fan of wide yoyos so i think i will get the classic.

3 Likes

A wise decision. You could always try to get the new version later down the line. The classic really is special.

3 Likes