Tinman and Hitman photos

Somebody asked for photos of the Tinman next the the Hitman. Here’s the Tinman next to Hitman, Hitman X and Hitman Pro. It seems most similar to the Hitman X to me, I think my Hitman X is shimmed.

21 Likes

Thanks for this, been wondering about the comparisons for a while.

Does the tinman play like any of the others at all?

4 Likes

It plays a lot like my hitman X, I’d say the tinman is a bit more forgiving of sloppy play and seems like it has a bit more spin time. It plays more like a hitman than the pro does. It certainly sounds a lot better than the plastic pog noise of any the hitmen. Definitely one of the best Ti sounds I’ve experienced, a nice low hum. The diamond finish is to die for.

The hitman was my main throw for almost 15 years, the tinman hits all the right boxes for me and I can play it like crazy and not worry about breaking it. Worth every penny.

Edit: I don’t image any Ti reissue of the hitman would be any closer.

10 Likes

I really, really love the profile & color of the Hitman (second from left). I wish someone would issue it in an all mono metal with bi metal styling (to keep the appearance) and a very simple, much smaller Hitman engraving. Oh yeah, and a Dark Magic while they’re at it.

4 Likes

A mono metal hitman would play nowhere near how the original hitman played due to the weight distribution not being right. The Lyn Fury is living proof. The all plastic version of the hitman played nothing at all like the original hitman, much to the disappointment of people hoping for a cheaper hitman.

4 Likes

I never played any of those so I could not make comparisons. My interest is only in the appearance of that Hitman.

I am a huge hit man fan boy but passed on this for the reason th jhb was outlining. It was the hybrid nature of the hit man and most yyj in general that made them what they were. I would still love to see a bimetal hitman to see if it would replicate the feel in a more modern skin

2 Likes

Bimetal sounds great! No plastic caps though.

Damn…of all the yos I had in the early 2000’s my og Hitman is the only one I really miss that much. I do own the Hitman Professional…but it’s just not the same!

3 Likes

Not sure if you remember the metal hitman by sasha from around 2006 but people really liked it as a monometal

1 Like

I wonder in all honesty how much I’d like it these days…I’ve gotten so spoiled rotten by how good modern day throws are. I wonder how the OG Hitman stands up to them.

1 Like

I tend to agree with you @twitch77. For those of us who got into yoyoing recently (i.e., the last couple of years), an old throw like the Hitman probably wouldn’t “do it” for us. We have no nostalgic connection to it, nor are we used to its form factor and performance level. As hybrids go, I’m all into modern high-performance designs like the Gamma Crash or the iCEBERG.

2 Likes

I never touched a hitman. I like the tinman a lot. Its comfy. Like really comfortable. The rim is nicely rounded. It’s got a lot of power to its spin as well it seems.

It came with a flat bearing and I’m not anti flat bearing. Some yos of mine got one but they arnt my favorite. I’m psychotic and put an expensive bearing in my expensive yoyos. I put an NSK platinum DS bearing in my tinman and I noticed a bit of a difference. It seemed the high wall got in the way more during play when I had a flat in it

Now I know my opinions are very hype based lol. When I get a new yoyo, I dont usually dislike it immediately. A few exceptions but I do hype myself up when I get a new throw. The tinman however, I dont see myself selling or trading this unless I needed a kidney or something and I needed to scrounge up every cent I could to survive. But the uniqueness of the finish alone made it worth it to me. I freaking love holding this thing.

7 Likes

Same here…I go through a ‘honeymoon’ period with just about every yo I get…but just like you and your Tinman…sometimes I just ‘know’ right away that after the honeymoon is over I’m going to love certain yos for the long haul!

2 Likes

There is a fun factor to older throws that is not often replicated in the modern yoyo world. You can say it is nostalgia, but if I’m honest I think it is more a result of designs becoming so good that they feel almost copied and pasted. So many high performance modern unresponsive yoyos feel insanely similar, so to go back and play something that is so vastly different from a time before the processes were so dialed in, gives a fun factor. That said there are some horrible yoyos that came out in that era so be picky on what you try, but I don’t think you will have a bad time if you pick one up and throw!

7 Likes

The Tinman sounds like a worthy “sibling” throw to the TiVayder.

4 Likes

If u are debating getting one, I would do it now. When I bought one he said he had less than 10 left. I don’t know how he has any left. It’s an amazing throw and I figure they would trade/sell fine in the future if u tired of it

4 Likes

I’m not really looking to add another titanium throw to my collection (except maybe a used TiShutter to complete my Shutter collection). I think my TiVayders will scratch that “older, undersized, rounded throw” itch just fine.

4 Likes

Who? Any chance he had any in green?

3 Likes

Lol. U r a mad man. No they dont come in SNOT COLOR

6 Likes