Tinman and Hitman photos

I wonder if you can electro ano it green with that coating on it?

2 Likes

oh haha, I thought maybe you were talking about someone having some Hitmans :stuck_out_tongue:

Why couldn’t he make some Vayders in bada** Yoda green!?

2 Likes

Beauty of ti is you can make it almost any color you want if its raw

1 Like

I like titanium because it uses all my money so I cant afford drugs. Keeps ya clean!!

14 Likes

You’d probably get better results by powder coating a Skywalker “Yoda green” instead.

3 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes

I don’t throw my hitman as often as I once did, but all my old hybrid yyj make it into my rotation on a regular basis. The tinman definitely feels like it has a different weight distribution than the hitman, but it feels enough like the hitman in other ways that I can see the relation.

Modern hybrids are so good, the best of them perform just as well as my best bimetals. Iyoyo did a killer job with the Night Moves and Spin Master X. The Night Moves X does not feel like any of my old night moves, which was a little disappointing to me, but it is as good as any of my hybrids. I’d love to see them get together with JD and Dale and do a retake on the classic hitman. I’d only ask that they hold closer to the OG’s shape/specs. It seems like there’s a pretty good market for somewhat retro designs, a HitmanX2 (Reloaded?) would really fit well.

Has anybody recently done a more O shaped hybrid?

2 Likes

Off hand not that I can think of, I’m sure as soon as I say no someone with turn up with one that I missed lol. Which is a win for me because I would like to have a modern small organic hybrid!

3 Likes

Me too!

2 Likes

The SOMEThING Slash comes to mind.

1 Like

Since I mentioned the night moves, here are mine. I have a nm3 on the way to me!

11 Likes

Now you need a night moves 6,8, and 9 to complete it. I know the 9 was made by sturm panzer and 8 only came in prototype form. Can’t remember what happened to the 7.

Quick edit:
Just found pics and it looks like 7 was a yoyojam release in 2014 that I missed.

3 Likes

I need to break down and buy an nm9, I like the other sturm panzer’s I’ve tried. I keep my eyes open for the rest of the YYJ night moves, but never see them.

2 Likes

Man that new one stands out like a sore thumb! Didn’t realize it was that drastically different. Still more than happy to see it released and to also hear you say it plays well, and sorry for hijacking your tinman thread and making it a hybrid thread.

1 Like

I’m always happy to talk hybrids! I would have liked to see the nmX have a rounder V shape, a bit of wall above the response, and a bit narrower. It would be closer to its siblings.

Can’t say anything about the HM Pro, but the HM X plays a lot like the original HM.
The HM pro looks more like an Xcon as far as weight distribution goes.

Yes, I remember that one. Sorry I missed out on it.

Yes, It’s not a nostalgia thing. I play them regularly because I like how they play.

6 Likes

This thread needs 110% more photos of your old YYJams! :smiley:

4 Likes

Any of you guys know who Atomic Cow was in the early 2000’s from theyo(dot)com?
I once broke my favorite yo and the dude sent me a care package I had NO idea was coming…among a few other throws, he sent me a nightmoves (no idea which one anymore) that he had painted (from the inside) himself! :heart:
Also sent me a towel. :joy:
I love that dude!

2 Likes

I used to collect his stuff. Loved it all.
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

6 Likes

Did somebody say Hitman/Tinman/etc?

Tinman in the middle, obviously.

The other image is 2 Hitman yoyos and a Jason/Jeff/number free Vayder and the Tinman.

10 Likes