Hitman Alternatives

I really like the Hitman, but the hub cracking has kind of turned me away. Does anyone know of a good alternative? (Preferably budget friendly, I’m only in high school)

4 Likes

Kyo Toys Tinman is a Titanium Hitman Diamond Coated :gem:

6 Likes

Definitely a good option… but not very budget friendly, is it?

2 Likes

No it is not. It really is a glorious piece though. Did a trade for it and I couldn’t be happier. It’s one of those “safe from sale/ trade unless I need to” throws.

3 Likes

Good to know; the 888 is a similar shape, might that be what I’m looking for?

Yes, I was going to recommend an 888 for an immediate alternative.

Thank you!

I don’t think the 888 is that close. It’s much smaller.

This is a Hitman on steroids. It has a modernized Hitman shape, spins for days, and is powerful yet floaty.

3 Likes

Luftverk Hybrid Fulvia? The design notes talk about recreating that yoyojam hybrid feel. I only own a hitman so I’m curious for modern alternatives too.

1 Like

The size of the Hitman in a hybrid yoyo will be tough to match by todays standards. Yoyos today are typically larger in diameter and wider than the yoyos of the Hitman era.

The Luftverk Hybrid Fluvia does hit the YoyoJam feel and character, but does not play nor feel like a Hitman.

Dont get me wrong, it is a great yoyo. A modernized version of what YYJ may have evolved into.

But it is not a direct replacement to the Hitman.

I recommend picking a Hybrid Fluvia and giving it a try.

8 Likes

Now I got a Tinman on my Christmas list lol

2 Likes

I appreciate the feedback! But the Hybrid Fulvia is out of stock! :smiling_face_with_tear: I kind of want a full metal version of the Hitman that’s a bit smaller. (Small yo-yos are better for my style of tricks) I had always wished there was something like that. Then I found the 888, do you think it would scratch such an itch? If not then I’m kind of screwed… I don’t have a credit card and my family doesn’t trust the BST…

Oh my bad! It’s still in stock on the Luftverk website… I would still like to know about the 888 though, if someone with experience wouldn’t mind.

1 Like

Just make sure to use PayPal Goods and Services or Venmo Purchase protection and you’re insured if anything goes wrong.

I appreciate it, but they don’t want to take chances. Besides, I’ll focus more on tricks than buying yo-yos. Haha

If u want a full metal hitman u should check out the Mono series from at design labs

2 Likes

I have actually! But I’m a high school student, even something that’s $25 is expensive. :rofl:

(On a mountaintop somewhere, Aoda is chopping wood…)

Edit: As long as we’re on a budget, the MagicYoYo T6 “Rainbow” has been in production forever and can be bought new for under $10. The T6 used to be considered a “bootleg” 888, but I think by today’s standards the shape and the lack of hubstacks are enough to treat it as a distinct design.

(Can’t offer the same defense for the Aoda Storm/Hunt/Fury(?) Eagle, though. That’s definitely a D-bearing bootleg of the Hitman. The Aoda Rainbow and Sunshine models were also definitely 888 bootlegs.)

7 Likes

Where could I get that aoda?