Time for my first all metal!

So, I just got a new welding job at a good company and I decided as a way 2 celebrate I will splurge on an all metal.

I really like th G5, but I don’t like the colorful Z-Stacks. So the classic one is the better choice in terms of looks, but is the G5 worth that extra $20? I want the hubs for sure. The new 54 looks like they might b doing something hub-like in the future tho. I also like the Genesis cuz its miggys and I’m 5A. Please help with advice fuor my first all metal.

I would recomend a YYF Primo, Genesis, or Severe.
But the YYJ Phenomizm and AI are also really good.
Some other Great Metals are:
One Drop 54 and MarkMontNext
General-Yo Hatrick
Any CLYW
RecRev No.9
SPYY Punchline.

Hope this Helps!
-Cody Wright

You can take the Z-stacks off the G5.

I’d go with a hubstacked genesis if you want hubs

hubstacked genesis sounds awesome !
So does the 888x… hmm. haha

i also like the one drop 54 as long as they are gonna do a Z-stack type thing in the near future.

also, why is no one really suggesting the G5? what’s wrong with it?

i have played with the g5 i wasnt really inpressed with the sleep time the z stacks are fun but trust me u will get bored of them.

How about the Yuuksta?

It`s the shape of the G5 it feels so slim.

it’s between the G5, Genesis+, and that beautiful Superstar.

i play 5A

the G5 gets super points for the z-stacks.
the Gensis gets points for being Miggys and available in green.
The Superstar has super wicked paint options right now.

you could get a superstar and a set of z stacks ;D

If you really want stacks and a nice playing 5A yoyo, get a SuperStar. Genesis plus would be good as well, but the stacks kinda ruin the point of the Genesis being a stackless GM2. The G5 is a bit too skinny and not the best for 5A in my personal opinion.

You shouldn’t pick a yoyo because of color…
most yoyos with hubstacks take Z stacks…
Z stacks arent all that pricey…

The hubstacked Genesis plays a little better than the GM2 imo… And while the G5 is very narrow, I have grown to love mine for 5A

they are out of z stacks on the site… unless someone can sell me some?

Personally, Z-Stacks aren’t really a big deal.

Zstacks are pretty cool…

No.9?

Go with a Genesis either stacked or standard. If you get the stacked version, you can get Z Stacks and just replace the standard stacks. I LOVE my Genesis.

You might like a YYJ Axiom. It’s really expensive, but it has long sleeptimes and is good at grinds. You also may like the much cheaper Dv888. Hope I helped.  :wink:

You can get a YYJ Axiom here: http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/6/YYJ-Axiom
You can get a YYf Dv888 here: http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/34/YYF-DV888

The superstar is AWESOME! it is my favorite yoyo right now. it plays kinda slowly, but thats just how i like it