Time for a Poll ... CLYW vs One Drop

Exactly! Cannot put mine down. In my pocket as I type this.

As far as the thread goes, I voted for CLYW because I have more CLYW throws, but they’re both great.

exactly, when I pay big money for a throw, I expect premium performance and premium finish/build quality.

this is why I put OD over CLYW, OD price their throws right. CLYW are very nice throws, but compared to the competition, they’re expensive and not exclusive enough.

if there wasn’t competition releasing actually better performing and better finished throws for cheaper, I wouldn’t mind. But for $130/$140 you can get better.

to today’s standards, Xcube should sell for $200; their quality AND performance are as good as you can get.

Performance wise, OD and CLYW are comparable, but ODs are cheaper. There’s more to it than that, obviously, and it probably comes down to investments and business choices. And right now OD are the most aggressive (team, communication) and active (releases) while I’m under the impression that CLYW take advantage of their hype and image (which is still a valid business attitude), so far it worked. But I feel they need to release something big, and from what I’ve played, the chief is not that release.

You could also throw C3 in the mix too, on this segment, there are more and more manufacturers, Adegle also started to become more aggressive and Iskandar’s Diamont Noir release is right around the corner. Also, YYF Premium line always offer top of the line performance for relatively affordable prices.

So far, between all those brands, OD probably has the strongest identity and the best fanbase (YYF is in another leage there), I see C3 coming in Second, CLYW in 3rd, Adegle will have to confirm and Diamont Noir is probably going to be a big hit.

And the day people start throwing more Xcube and realize how good they are and how better they become with each release, things are going to change too.

I love this healthy competition, the throws are as good as ever, but in these times of economical crisis, pricing is a sensible issue. OD is probably around the minimum to allow resellers as well as themselves to earn a little something (premium is not where the money’s at for resellers anyways)

but in the end, the more you produce, the less it costs.

Spoken like a wise businessman who might have some experience in the matter. This is why i have such an enormous amount of respect for the One drop guys. They choose not to take advantage of all the hype (which they have in spades) and bump their prices. They stick to their principles: Delivering the highest quality possible, while keeping the lowest possible price. That’s not even mentioning all of their community efforts, (Code 1, 2, and 3, and all the charites and other events). For anyone who has spoken with them, they are plainly guys of high moral standing. Which is becoming more and more scarce nowadays. That is why i vote for them. I would have cast ten their way if i could have!
I love CLYW, i just can’t agree with his current business model.
As far as X3 goes… I’ve been DYING to try that La goulette. I tried the Stampede and was very impressed, it was just a little too wide for me. I wish i could find someone on the BST with a La goulette for a reasonable trade. It looks really good. :slight_smile:

Hadoq and nicholi2789 makes excellent points … and I totally agree … i wish i could try some of the ones Hadoq mentioned…

I ma have to hit up the b/s/t …

I changed my mind … yye still has la goutte in stock so … i ma just order one probably end of the week… and i ma try the c3yoyo Dibase … looks great … can’t wait to get PAID!!!