Time change is a great time with kids

Started the morning at 2am with little feet in my face rubbing my beard. Then got a few Christmas songs from the kids which was cute. Then a dance party to gummy bear Christmas.

Tried to put the kids back to bed but that was pointless. How’s everyone else’s time change going. Anyone else give up on sleep, Embrace the suck and yoyo instead?

5 Likes

I have no problems with time change because I suffer from major insomnia, everyday I wake up around 4/4:30am so I just go to the gym daily around 4.30/5:00am, during the weekend is even worst sometimes I just wake up at 2:30am maybe after 3 hours of sleep and then my day start from there after the gym, impossible to change this side of me, never been a big sleep lover but stress is making me reach unbelieavable points, I just started to go to sleep around 8/9pm to ensure myself at least 6 hours.

The only thing that I find crazy is that London (UK) become total darkness with winter and time change, basically you go to work that is dark and finish work (at 3:30pm) that is dark again, just enjoy a bit of light during breaks and lunch, I see that this affect a lot english people mood

7 Likes

@Captrogers i feel for you bro. I’ve been there although my youngest just turned 10 and my oldest is 27 so it has been a minute.

@Albertino vitamin D deficiency is real. :flushed:

5 Likes

@Slestak75 it really is mate, I take it in tablets, imagine I come from an island and live basically 10 minutes from the beach (Cagliari - Sardinia), there is the sun more or less all year, from when I live in London I really felt the difference caused from the weather.

7 Likes

I used to live in the Midwest in America and it was awful the whole darkened thing.

Go to work - dark
3pm hits dark
Go home - dark
Wake up - dark

Really really messes with your head and mood and general well-being

6 Likes

My family and I lived in the Seattle area for about a year and its weather is very similar to London. 8 months out of that year were clouds and rain. And the first thing you saw upon entering most stores were display racks filled with vitamin D. :rofl:

3 Likes

I feel like it’s worse with the time change in the Spring, but we’re still certainly feeling it in our household right now…

2 Likes

They need to put an end to this archaic practice already. My kids are dealing with it fine enough (I think) but my wife and I are already in full blown seasonal depression mode.

1 Like

Been awake since 4:15 :sob:

3 Likes

I think it’s affecting me more than the kids. It’s been a bit rough lately. Luckily, my kids are young enough to have zero understanding of time and seem to be running on circadian rythym for the most part.

I wish we could just forget clocks and calendars. Wouldn’t that be sweet?

2 Likes

My house 3:50 am

2 Likes

My kids are just operating like time never changed cause it’s just a construct and they aren’t affected.

1 Like

@Albertino i used to work in datacenters. No windows in the building. went from home to garage to parking garage to to a building not seeing outside and then back to the garage and home. Traveling in the dark. Was always a real drain on my mental status. I don’t miss those days at all. Now I work from home and just step outside when I need a hit of sun.

4 Likes

Seasonal Affective Disorder - Look it up.

Working in Northern Alaska for 12 Years, this is a big thing. Physically no sun for 60 days.

They make SAD lights to aid with this. They are Basically Full Spectrum Lights.

Best when combined with Suplimental D3.

Good luck.

On the kis side - 10 and almost 8. They didnt notice.

5 Likes

Spring forward is much worse for us. The fall back, we just keep the kids up for an extra hour for a few days and that takes care of it. The spring forward is brutal though, takes weeks to get reset to that.

They were trying to pass a bill here in Illinois to stay with the spring forward time, but for whatever reason they keep pushing it aside. Not sure why they can’t just sign it and move on.

4 Likes

You gotta teach the boy to strum the uke instead of shaking it :joy:

1 Like

I moved back home to Fl and I don’t miss the dark at all.

I miss the cold though - who would have figured

2 Likes

Whew!!! I can’t imagine the exhaustion I would feel. :hot_face:

1 Like

I’m on coffee cup number 4 and I was feeling it around 2 today. I’ll make it though. It’s no worse than new baby phase or when I worked 3 jobs and went to college. I’ll sleep when I’m dead.

1 Like

I have set an alarm in case I fall asleep on the train.

I guess I’ll sleep when I’m dead, but maybe also on the train.

1 Like