Ti Walkers might come back if Heath gets 200 likes on this link.

Here is me being completely up front about this entire situation and VsNYYC (as i tend to do). please do not take this post as me being arrogant or something like that. I’m just saying things like they are based on what is actually going on.

When i started VsNYYC nearly 3 years ago, i NEVER intended things to become what they have. If you would know me on a more personal level (as only 2 or 3 on these forums do), you would know that I am one of those people who seems to have a lot of great ideas but never really acts upon them. Even as i type this message i am rereading every single word trying to stress this point. I NEVER thought VsNYYC would become what it is today. I would have NEVER in my entire life guessed that i would be one of the United States’ most sought after home brew yoyo makers.

When I drove for 33 1/2 hours to San Francisco and dropped the Sky Walker @ BAC, it came with praise, but more so in the form of “yay! someone from the community actually made a yoyo company!!!” than “OMG this is better than anything period!!!” (though there were a few in that direction :slight_smile: ). If you were around for the YYN drop, you would know that these now selling for the price of appendages 1st run Sky Walkers actually sat on the shelves for a few weeks before finally selling out. You would also know that VsNYYC was my first personally owned business, and i am learning as problems present themselves. (hopefully i am done with the bulk of them)

Throughout this learning process, I have made MANY mistakes. I have been late on countless things, made promises that i shouldnt have, and generally put more on my plate than i should have ever considered doing alone. I have learned from EVERY mistake and still do today.

When you say “keeping your word”, I cant help but feel like i have already gone back on it. I initially started VsNYYC as a non-profit company that i did when i had time to. After a long community discussion, it was decided by both you and i that VsNYYC should be made into a profit company to better serve both the community and myself. i know i risk being patronized for it, but is that not going back on my word? sure, i never PROMISED that i would stay non-profit, but i did swap business strategy.

To be blunt, the main reason i considered making more Ti Walkers is because in a way i considered it a win/win situation for both VsNYYC and the consumer. VsNYYC would be essentially guaranteed MUCH NEEDED capital, and consumers would have a 2nd chance to buy a less collectible but still highly sought after version of what is arguably one of the most sought after yoyos in the world. When i first dropped the Ti Walkers the idea of ever needing to make more sounded completely absurd to me.

Essentially, I am acknowledging that limiting the Ti Walkers to a single run was a mistake on my part as a still wet behind the ears entrepreneur.

The above statement DOES NOT mean i intend to go back on my word. it is simply stating that i see the promise as a mistake and have taken it into account for the future.

Thank you all for your input on this situation. I see nothing else that I can add to this already too long response :smiley:

5 Likes