Throws under 60g

I suppose with some 55g throws there’s the lack of momentum to power though so tricks but the spright has plenty of power. I hope opyoyos does a production run so others can have the pleasure of throwing this beauty.

2 Likes

Old School Throw Medallion - 53.3
Sturm Panzer Leo Sniper - 59.6
Yoyorecreation Uragment - 59.8
General Yo Mini Star 2 - 59.8
Japan Technology Nylon Lynx - 58.1

3 Likes

I believe the old school throws medallion is 56.1g based off their website.
Also what about the medallion’s bigger brother?
The old school throws resto is 56.2g

2 Likes

I was going off a certain store so it may be that they weighed it differently like not including string and such

1 Like

The mini star 2 has a weight of 59.5g.
Also the one drop clique is 58.4g

General Yo Amplitude - Gen yo smooth and lightning fast!

2 Likes

Magic yoyo Aurora is at around 53g with the lights popped out it’s real nice

5 Likes

My God! I had always ignored it with all that stuff in the shells … but your photo was enough to make me fall in love …
Just purchased, gray, but it will take some time for it to arrive … … :+1: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The Amplitude is a little too obese to fall into this category :wink: (63 and a half grams, if I remember correctly) but I’m sure that’s how you describe it.

My only yoyo under 60 grams are the B!ST Competizione (55,40 grams), the B!ST Leggenda proto super light (59,20 grams) and the Sumo proto light (60,30 grams).
Thanks to them, I have known for some years that the weight in itself is quite irrelevant in performance … what really makes the difference is how it is positioned … this allows excellent results both with yoyo featherweights (this discussion proves it). … that with yoyo heavyweight (who owns a Dreadnought G, knows what I’m talking about!)

2 Likes

The lights are easy to pop out , the grey will look nice with them out :sunglasses:

1 Like

yes indeed and I will probably make an axis with spikes for it, as I did on my Project

7 Likes

Whoa that’s awesome how’d you do that ?

1 Like

with a piece of M4 threaded rod of suitable length, worked on the lathe.
On Projects or other yoyos that adopt the same axle system (e.g. various plastic yoyos), you can do a better job, get spikes starting from a blind die…

3 Likes

Bumping this up just to show off my case of sub 60’s

10 Likes

Shameless plug, but my yoyo, the 50-50, is going to be sub 60 (just barely!) Its a 50x50 organic. Hopefully protos will come soon.

8 Likes

Any new sub 60g releases in the last year besides gbp and op spright? (Besides all the undersized things like yyf 44 etc)

1 Like

Mowl Q is at 61g but its also 57mm in diameter. A recent favorite for sure :+1:

1 Like

Both yoyos from my brand, the assassin and 5050. Both just under 60g. Both getting stocked here within a month.

7 Likes

Ace Yo Air, FH Al without Caps and Spright are great.

3 Likes

I recently started noticing a personal preference for lighter throws (which for me is anything under 64g or even throws that just feel lighter). So with that in mind I tracked down a GBP since there doesn’t seem to be anything lighter and started looking at specs more consciously also. So: Markmont Black Canon is under 60 by quite a bit if you don’t mind the flat shape (which I’m guessing you don’t since the awesome and light Phideas is on your list).