Throwing to relieve stress?

you’re lonely?

Yeah. Not that many people talk to me, or they’re complete d-bags…

Hit them with a yoyo.

I would,but that would lessen my chances of going to jail on the 27th. And that would stress me out even more I got in trouble for it!

that would probly increase your chances of going to jail actually… :stuck_out_tongue:

Robbie,it’s a field trip to jail…

sorry to hear that. People used to hang out with me, but they all totally ditched me. Now I’m without a best friend and have to watch them be with their replacements for me…

I oftentimes throw before an audition or a stressful music performance (like solo and ensemble) and it usually helps, sometimes I throw but think about what I’m gonna do and I stay stressed but it usually helps. Also it’s a nice pick-me-up if my day has been less than great.

I play guitar and when my fingers start to hurt,I pick up a yoyo. That’s a huge reliever,especially when I’m learning a new song

I wish it relaxed me but it doesn’t, I guess since my hands are almost sweaty 24/7 it makes me a really sloppy player although it kind of goes well with my style.
I really don’t know what smooth or flow really feels like so I can’t really meditate or relax, but I kind of like the sloppiness haha.

Ya ever since I moved from cincinnati to Iowa city (I hate it here) its the only thing I’ve really had so it really helps

I write software for a living. I find that every few hours; a fifteen minute yoyo break can help clear the mind and re-charge the batteries. The distraction can also help me see through a problem that I have been staring at for far too long.

Heh, me, too. It must somehow fit the developer mentality; I have another colleague into it just as much as me (his CLYW collection is growing rapidly!) and another two that have unresponsive yoyos and can bind (one of them ONLY binds; the other does a good Plastic Whip).

We take fairly frequent yoyo breaks; unfortunately TOO frequent and we’ve been told to scale it back. Better than being told not to bring yoyos to work. :wink:

Haha, I always throw before class. My professors tend to think the tricks I do are impossible xD

Story of my life… Its what keeps me sane. ::slight_smile:

Stress relieve was what got me back into yoyos 4 1/2 years ago.
Most of my yoyo throwing time is testing these days, but I still go back to my original intentions of the sport when I can.

Even just a simple gravity pull calms me wayyy down

Yes… that and my 2nd favorite… “Lets see how long i can let it sleep … and still get it back up before it spins out”

it’s lunch time… im walking across the street to my throwing spot under a tree by the pond … wonder if the ducks are hanging out today

oh my god I love ducks they’re my favorite bird and like one of my favorite animals! I also love Canadian Geese.