“Throw Live” Atlanta Yoyo Club

Cool, what date?

looks like the 19th so far

1 Like

Ok cool beans

1 Like

Just posted on r/throwers about this weeks meetup! Can’t to show off some new throws and tricks! See you guys there!

2 Likes

Had a great time today with @Myk_Myk, @Ant.G, @SpyseaRice, and the rest of the ATL Throwers. Thanks to @Myk_Myk as always for hosting and for the new RehearseLive Legend Wing!

Shout out to @Glenacius_K also. Got to play this AMAZING wooden unresponsive that @Myk_Myk had. Truly a masterpiece to behold and to play. Any chance I can get you to come out of wooden unresponsive retirement to make me another?!?

5 Likes

I’m sorry @TheThrowingGnome, I only make wooden fixed axles now.

In my experience, wooden unresponsives aren’t worth the time and effort. Approximately one in ten work out smooth enough.

3 Likes

It’s a shame they aren’t more consistent! I’d almost pay for 10 to get one that plays like @Myk_Myk’s. :disappointed_relieved: Do you happen to recall what wood this one was made out of?

1 Like

This was made from cypress pine. Its a native Australian wood that is virtually impossible to find without any splitting right through it (which renders is useless for making yoyo halves). So @Myk_Myk has a rare yoyo indeed. However, it so happens that I have a tiny amount of it left.

Making wooden unresponsives has been so disheartening lately, that I would only attempt making one at an exorbitant price. A price beyond its worth to pay for my time and tears.

3 Likes

PM me with your outlandish figure for a cypress pine masterpiece and let’s do this!

3 Likes

Man; what you are proposing is that I spend a significant number of hours crying behind my lathe.

2 Likes

As long as this doesn’t happen i think you can do it! I believe! Happy to offer up juicy trades on top of extra pain and suffering fees to entice you!

5 Likes

But I have it set up responsive! It was interesting as an unresponsive, but it is magnificent as a responsive! Amazingly smooth too. All I had to do was put a 1/2 spec in it.

I enjoyed the meetup! Trying to be consistent…

3 Likes

WOW. I hope that guy lived!

Actually, all the pain happens after I’ve made it, put it together and it wobbles so much it looks like an optical illusion.

1 Like

@TheThrowingGnome, did you play it responsive or unresponsive?

I can tell you he played it responsive.

1 Like

I forgot I played it responsive! It was perfect though! Response was as snappy as any fixie, but powered through long string tricks without snagging!

1 Like

Aw, boo, I thought this topic would send updates to my email, but I missed this months. Oh well. Next time!

2 Likes

I’ll hit you up next time!

Click to “watch” the thread.

I’m guessing no meeting tomorrow? :sweat_smile: