“Throw Live” Atlanta Yoyo Club

Yes, but we may need to be upstairs.

1 Like

That’s cool, it’ll be just like the first time I went to one :smile:

1 Like

Made a Facebook event to help cover those who might not browse YYE :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll be there! Excited, it’s been a bit, and I finally learned Rancid Milk!

3 Likes

Did you put that on the Throw Live Atlanta page? If not I could make you an admin. Mark is already one. I’d like to keep everything there to keep it as focused as possible. I think that will help its growth.

I’m sorry I didn’t do one myself. I was thinking about asking Mark to. I get so busy with Rehearse Live lately.

If it’s not there already, can you put it there Mark? And Isaac, let me know if you’d like to be able to manage the page as well.

Edit: I saw the event on the page. Thanks guys!

Also, Brandon has joined our group!

1 Like

I had fun today. I forgot to get a pic!

2 Likes

Any word on May’s meet up? :slight_smile: looks like it’s going to be in the 90s next week :scream:

1 Like

I’m available to host on May 21st, though on account of the weather I should probably look for an indoors location.

Hobbytown Kennesaw has some space. Otherwise, one of the public libraries.

1 Like

Either one of those works for me! Saturday is still looking at a high of 91 w/ high humidity/chance of rain.

i’m checking in with hobby town. should have a response in the morning

1 Like

Just confirmed that Hobby Town has a small room available for us from 2PM on.

FB Link: Redirecting...

THIS SATURDAY, MAY 21st

2 PM - 5 PM

At Hobbytown Kennesaw in the small room next to their game room

I have new prototypes and older fun stuff to bring! See you there!

4 Likes

Sweet! See you then!

1 Like

We’re here!

4 Likes

Sorry I missed it. I’ve just had too much going on to even get on the boards. Hope you had fun!

Next one at Rehearse Live!

2 Likes

Saturday was awesome, we had a great turnout! Anthony, Darren, Mark, myself, and @SpyseaRice (I think, I’m really sorry if I’m tagging the wrong person). It was really great seeing everyone and hangout in Hobbytown’s little room; was also cool to learn that it used to be a theater! Which makes a lot of sense now considering it’s layout.

If I can make a selfish request for June’s meet, could it be Sunday the 19th instead of the 26th? Nats is that latter weekend and I’ll be there :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The 19th is fine with me.

1 Like

I went ahead and made a Facebook event for it :slight_smile: June 19th 2PM-5PM; I put down that time period as a placeholder since that seemed about when they’ve been held before but can move it around as needed.

Just want to confirm if we’re on for tomorrow at Rehearse live 2-5pm :slight_smile: I know it’s Father’s Day so people might have plans.

I’m so sorry I ghosted for a while there. I had rock camp to get ready for and then do last week. Then my wife had to go take care of her mom in the hospital.

I had to teach at the camp, run Rehearse Live, and take care of my kids and dog.

I’m totally wiped, and it’s Fathers Day.

I could give you a code to get in if you guys want to do it without me.

I’d like to see if the kids at the camp would be interested so I may do it again next week. Is anybody interested in two weeks in a row? It doesn’t really matter, if I can get new kids interested I’ll show them stuff myself. I’ll make a decision early next week.

Isaac, please PM me for my cell, so I can tell you how to get into the building.

1 Like

No apologies necessary! I completely understand how life happens :slight_smile:

I’m totally cool with delaying until next week, I wasn’t going to be able to do much if any yoyoing today anyways; I had a procedure done Tuesday where they went in through my wrist and was told not to yo-yo for a week. While I won’t be in town next weekend it will be a great opportunity for those who aren’t going to Nats to meet up, hang out, and potentially get more people interested in yoyoing and the club! I’ll update the Facebook event to reflect the change :slight_smile: