“Throw Live” Atlanta Yoyo Club

Just the three of us, but the weather’s still trying to warm up!

We traded tricks, tried each others’ yoyos, and had a good time.

9 Likes

Looks like it was still a good time! My roommate and I would love to attend March’s if we can. I’ll be sure to bring my Sliver!

1 Like

It only got one like, but I’m still thinking this is the way to go for “March”. The schedule is up now, and Sunday doesn’t have scheduled comps or shows, so I think that is the best day to meet. The hours are 10-4. So let’s plan to meet at 11?

I’m pretty sure it would be free for us just to hang out, but I’ll email them to make sure.

Since Rehearse Live isn’t hosting March, we can plan on RL hosting on 04/30.

2 Likes

4/3 should hopefully work for me. I think GA states used to be held there, 2008 was at least iirc, so it’ll be cool to be back in there for the first time in 13.5 years!

1 Like

Yeah, the GA state contest would sometimes glom onto the Groundhogs Day Jugglefest.

1 Like

I wanna say 2008 was in October b/c that’s when video I have of it was uploaded. There was definitely juggling throughout the venue though so it’s totally possible it took place earlier in the year and I just didn’t upload the vid until later because that summer we moved from Kentucky to Indiana.

ETA: turns out it was 2009, woops.

1 Like

Is this still the plan (meet at Yaarab Shrine/ATL Juggle fest @ 11) for next Sunday? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes!

Then we can meet again at Rehearse Live on 04/24 unless @MarkD wants to take that one.

1 Like

I can make it to Rehearse Live on the 24th!

I might be able to make it to the Juggle Fest meetup, though I’ll have to bring all 3 of my kids by myself. So I wouldn’t end up being able to yoyo at all. So, I am weighing whether it’s worth it. I think they’d have fun watching all the juggling.

3 Likes

There will be fun stuff for your kids to do. They always have skill toys out, and people teaching kids how to use them.

1 Like

Are we going to have to pay to get in? I’m a bit confused reading their website.

No payment to be let in. @Jetien

@Myk_Myk im here, I might be the first since I only see jugglers ha. I’m at a table in the back currently.

1 Like

My kids weren’t having it today so I won’t be attending. Let me know how it is though!

2 Likes

Had a great time meeting and throwing with everyone today!

3 Likes

It was great and there was a nice sized showing: Mike, Brandon (Jetien), myself, Jon, and one other person who’s name is escaping me; they were friends with Jon, who I hadn’t met before that Sunday but the pair apparently used to go to Throw Lives pretty frequently! Hopefully we’ll see them again on 4/24 at Rehearse Live. Unsure if I’ll be able to make it then, but fingers crossed!

4 Likes

It was a lot of fun!

That was Datamion. He came to the meetups I organized way back in 2006 or so, at my house and local restaurants. Anthony “Ant” is another possible occasional attendee. He lives in Athens now but comes down frequently.

Also saw Bruce who I’ve known for years through the juggling association there, and he may come and throw tops!

I think we should do it again next year.

3 Likes

The Atlanta jugglers meet every Thursday in L5P. I’m sure it’s much smaller. It used to be anyway.

However, they are much more interested in getting new jugglers than trying yoyos. Can’t blame them I guess, since it’s a juggling association.

Maybe if Bruce comes to a meetup of ours, he can teach those interested how to juggle.

1 Like

Might have to hit him up for an Athens meet up!

2 Likes

Jon and I are on the left in this group pic:

3 Likes

Just want to confirm that we’re on for next Sunday the 24th :slight_smile: 3pm-5pm like before?

1 Like