“Throw Live” Atlanta Yoyo Club

I had a blast meeting everyone, it was so nice to yoyo with other people again; the three hours went by in the blink of an eye! Really looking forward to the next one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We’re back on track, and I’ll do my best to keep us that way!

1 Like

Same here! (on an unrelated note, happy cake day!)

2 Likes

If you weren’t aware, here’s the thread where we’re talking about the upcoming GA states contest!

And on a related note, I’m making some rough mockups for a banner logo. Any ideas? Here’s what I’ve got so far:

Anything I should change? (other than not using paint 3d or hiring a qualified graphics designer?)

2 Likes

Maybe more of a peach shape.

5 Likes

Yeah I’m going to end up going the fiverr graphics designer route, so how about things to change concept-wise? I think it’s different enough from the old logo but still heavily implies the ga peach logo.

The background should end up being black, so how about a while border outside the black outline of the peach? Should the string have a black outline? What text should be included on and around the peach? Stuff like that should be the focus right now.

1 Like

So uh thoughts?

3 Likes

Looks pretty cool.

Can you post a higher rez pic?

What would it look like with everything spelled out including 2021? “Georgia State Yo-Yo Contest 2021” maybe with “GSYYC '21” also on it?

2 Likes

We’re on for the next meetup on 7/11 from 3 -6 pm!

3 Likes

Here’s the last batch of mockups from the fiverr guy, any winners?

The white background ones are clear pngs

4 Likes

I like the top left because you can actually read the words!
A white background version of that with black text would also be dope

5 Likes

Top Left

4 Likes

Top left

2 Likes

Here’s the high rez version!

I’m thinking we’ll use it for a smaller banner on stage as well as any promotional things like videos and stuff.

4 Likes

I LOVE IT! Great job!!

3 Likes

I have not promoted the meetup at all, except 8 days ago above!

Who’s planning to come?

1 Like

I’m planning on it! But I totally understand if you want to delay or cancel this month’s for low expected turnout. :slight_smile:

My schedule’s a bit grey at the moment, so I’ll try to be there but can’t guarantee it

Would ya’ll mind pushing it back until 07/25? I’m just so slammed with this Rock camp we host, and I think all of my yoyo promoting energy got used up with these Remix contests.

@kuozhangz are you seeing these?

2 Likes

I’m down to come but didn’t realize it was today where is the meetup?