Thoughts on yyr anomaly?

How is the weight feel to you and its feel in general, the ability to carry out modern tricks. thanks in advance!

I like mine a lot still one of my top 5. Plays a bit heavy but I wouldn’t call it sluggish. It has an organicish profile which I think gives it a nice weight distribution .

5 Likes

I don’t play at a very high level… but I have developed a ‘feel/sense’ on whether a yo-yo is a keeper or a paperweight.

I have an Anomaly and it certainly surprised the heck out of me🙀. Yoyorecreation just doesn’t make ‘poor performance yo-yos’. But that being said, I am so use to their more un-organic shapes, I somehow decided the Anomaly was just their attempt at a bimetal organic shape. And probably played sorta average🤔

Once I got one, my opinion changed in about 60 seconds. To me, it is not only one of the best playing yo-yos for the shape. But it is one of the best playing yo-yos regardless of shape.

I don’t specialize in horizontal tricks, so my view of the yo-yos’ potential may be slightly more positive than it should be, dunno?

Once you start throwing an Anomaly around, you can easily conclude they really did their homework on the design.

The name seems to fit it perfectly to me.

It does not feel heavy on the string… it is smooth as butter… it has a great feel in the hand and rolls off the hand perfectly. No problems with those occasional ‘hard comebacks’.(the shape is very ergonomic’. It has excellent spin times and is very stable.

Price-wise, there are a number of organic yo-yos that also play very well and cost much less. That doesn’t mean don’t get an Anomaly. But, if you are on a budget but feel you have to get one, keep an eye on BST’s and maybe get an Anomaly for less

6 Likes

Nearly just as what I expected. Thankyou very much for the insight! .:pray:How fun is it by the way?

The Anomally is one of my favorite YYR. Doc said it all above; so nothing more to add except: get one; you will not be disappointed.

4 Likes

thanks! Already having one on the way. Im just so curious about its heftiness and small gap width

1 Like

I agree with all of the above. The Anomaly is in my top 5 favorite bi-metals, and my favorite YYR throw (though the YYR Inevitable is almost tied with it for me). For a yoyo with an organic-ish shape, it has performance on par with most V-shaped throws I have.

2 Likes

Positives: Powerful and comfortable, smooth. Despite its weight, does not feel heavy.
Negatives: Small for today´s standards.

Concerning the ability to carry modern tricks, good for tech, but not the best for speed, meta, horizontal, grinds or even finger spins due to its shape.

1 Like

When did 58mm in diameter become small?

guess he mentioned width

thanks! As long as it feels good in the hand, It’s good! We may not need the yoyo to be that versatile. As Keiran said, changing the yoyos inspires him to make different tricks.

Right!

1 Like

Very good in the hand, and the construction feels premium.

1 Like

It’s true that 42.5mm is pretty slender by today’s standards of ever-expanding yoyo waistbands. But if that doesn’t put you off, then you will find that the Anomaly is an exceptional yoyo in every respect.

2 Likes