Thoughts on MagicYoYo

Good choice.

I think all the magic yoyos are good…

I wish the idea of “buy what looks cool to you” was more widely spread

Bootleg -_-

I’d be jealous too if I spent 3x more on inferior yoyos.

Just got a T8, this thing has some ridiculous rim weight!

• for super long flowy combos
  • for string hops inside a mount (bucket hop, black hops etc)
  • if you like weighty feel
  • string burns (I have cheap string) if you go too fast
  • bad bind will wreck knuckles

57mm diam
36mm width
70g

It’s a narrow Genesis with more weighty feel. I like whips on it because the you can really feel the yoyo in the air.

I guess if YYE doesn’t stock it, we can say where we ordered from…

In that case… Last night i ordered a n12 off ebay for 14 shipped

Smoking deal!

Worth it for the bearing alone…(10 ball “kk”)

I’ve got 2 T5s, a N5 desperado and my third N12 is on it’s way (none cost me over £14 shipped to the UK),

And i’m making a separate post about something else from MagicYoYo…

Nice! So the N12 must be good!

Last night on a Japanese website I found two Spingear T5’s… red with silver splash. But they only ship within Japan :frowning:

I rate it better than the T5, which is my second favourite throw. The N12 just feels like a really solid/expensive yoyo when you hold it and it plays exceptionally too!

I prefer the blue response pads (more consistent binds) and the slightly smoother feel, but i reckon some will still prefer the t5 due to its slightly smaller size (i myself sometimes hit the wrong string or two strings instead of one on some tricks, but then again i’m not all that good a player!).

I think (might be wrong) the only difference with the spingear t5 is that they use the newer, blue response pads -there is a czech/european site which stocks them, but i’m not sure about how reliable the sellers are so i’m not risking it at the moment.

1 Like

They’re actually not bootleg. There are site’s based in the US that sell them. They do have a few throws that are strikingly similar to others (ie: t5 vs yyr) but they’re actually not the same if you look at the specs.

I think they’re fine with people talking about ebay. You can even link to an ebay auction. But for the most part, even if they don’t stock a specific yoyo, you shouldn’t mention other yoyo stores. I think it says something about that in their forum rules.

Cheapest MYY I have seen was on EBay for 8 or 9 bucks free shipping.

A T9 sold for $6 on 1/7

I bought a T5 last week and I gotta say, this yoyo is the BEST that I have played so far and the most affordable one. :slight_smile:

MagicYoYo sponsored EYYC 2013.

The purple line looks sick. Definitely getting one when they’re available.

Magicyoyo is slowly gaining my respect as they are starting to make some more original designs.

Im not saying their previous designs werent original but I did see and feel some rather big similarities to other yoyos they look and play like.

But I do like to support USA companies more than Magic yoyo, quite obviously because I like to support my country.

Welp…

My source for the $14-15 n12 went up to $34.99

I was just about to order 5 of them :confused:

Sigh, this blows… I e-mailed then asking if they’d sell me 5 of them for $75. I just got the cash to do the MagicYoYo give-away.

I really wanted to give-away N12’s, but I might have to settle for T5’s :confused:

ah well… T5 is still pretty darn good from what I’ve heard.

The N12 is the T5 killer.

Or it was, while it was $14.

Tried a T5 for the first time today. A highly capable yoyo. Comparable to my Capless in many respects.