Thoughts on DGTZR

I don’t have many 5a throws—- actually only have the recognition and porycrash. Does anyone have any thoughts about the subject throw?

It is a really nice Good Life Bi-Metal at the mid-size range. Grinds really well and is Bi-Metal stable as expected. For 5A ? John Wolfe is definitely good enough to play 5A with it, but I’m not that proficient of a 5A player, it has a nice wide catch zone for it for sure, but I don’t want to beat a premium Bi-Metal to death by dropping it on the ground randomly. But thats me, I typically play 5A with beaters and my vibey throws that I don’t worry about dinging or breaking. If I were you I would just dedicate the Recognition for 5A, as its doesn’t have any rings to be dislodged and is 1/2 the price and get a DGTZR as a premium 1A throw. Though you can do what ever you want with your own toys.

I am interested in this one. I have the valley and the breeze and they are great yo-yos , and has definitely caught my interest in this company.

Good Life is the jam.

1 Like

How is it for 1a because I was thinking it might be really good at tech since its on the heavier side and its a bi metal?

1 Like

Michael Kurti was doing some serious tech on the DGTZR in the lasted Good Life IG post. I don’t think it plays heavy, it has a nice cadence to it. Being that its smaller than 56mm it feels a little denser, but that keeps it spinning longer. I think the specs are on point :ok_hand:.

2 Likes

I mean it will definitely take you wherever you need to go for 5a. I wouldn’t worry too much about damaging an inner ring bimetal with 5a, worst case is you get some sharp spots and vibe. It’ll stay playable unless you drop over concrete a lot. With some care it’ll be ok. The yoyo is meant for 5a unlike the Recognition. Idk about you, but a lot of players find yoyos above 44mm or so uncomfortable on a 5a catch, and the width doesn’t help 5a very much anyway.

If you have a sf yoyos cadence or sf motive can you compare the dgtzr to them?

1 Like

The small diameter heavy weight on the valley also feels this way . A bit of a thump when you throw it but it’s smooth as heck and very long spinning for a small yo-yo

1 Like

Well… I went for it. I think it will turn out fine. Thanks all! Will let u know in a few days hopefully

2 Likes

I am a big fan of the good life . I don’t think you can go wrong here

2 Likes

I don’t have either of those but its in the same price point and very similar to my SF Ceasefire, which I have had for a few years now. The DGTZR is a tad slower in play but adds that to stability. The gap is the biggest difference, the DGTZR plays and feels wider and is better suited for XL thick strings for snappier binds, compared to my Ceasefire which pairs better with regular and thinner strings for binding and regen performance.

3 Likes

That looks sick

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

I needed up getting the dgtzr. Looks great. Just haven’t thrown it yet

I’ve had one for about a month and its my new fav throw, hands down. I was honestly not a fan at first because of the weight but once I got used to that I have not put it down since. Get one if you can!

1 Like