Thoughts on Boss Ripper bearing?

How do you all who’ve tried a Boss Ripper bearing feel about them? I’ve been looking to get a new bearing and these are pretty cheap.

1 Like

is this the G squared one? I like mine, only got them with G2 yo-yos. Comes without shields which I am mixed on, but performance is excellent and they are reliable.

2 Likes

It is the G squared one! In your experience, how quiet do they come stock?

1 Like

Never tried the Rippers as my G2 yoyos all came with the Rage bearing, not silent but pretty quiet and I liked them. I know @zslane is a crazy fan of the Rage bearings so maybe he have more to share.

3 Likes

I’ve never tried the Ripper bearing. The only bearings I buy from G2 are the Rage bearings.

There ok for an 8 ball bearing

1 Like

Why is more balls more betterer? Can we slap 12 balls in there? 50?

2 Likes

If anyone could do 50 balls, it’d be you sir. In my own experience, the 10 ball bearings always seem to play quieter. Does it affect play? I do not have enough mechanical engineering knowledge to say one way or another, but there must be a reason what they make them…

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know, I was kinda joking but there must be some reason there’s 8 vs 10 balls. Heck why not four balls?

1 Like

Got to get the number of balls correct to ensure bearings run smoothly without too much drag. 8 balls seems to be the sweet spot.

2 Likes

There’s a dirty joke in there somewhere, but I don’t wanna get banned!

4 Likes