thinking of buying a lathe....I NEED HELP!!!

No i am but you have to remember i live in canada so i dont think you guys know that i forgot its alot cheaper in the us but in canada to make one its like $5000 and up cause of ddr3 and core i7 cause they cost around a $1000 each and ddr3 is $400 for 4gb. Sorry i just noticed that. But thats why i am buying a alienware like the computer shop where i go the guy said yeah get it cause buying it in here it would have cost me $4923 so thats why.

Just a note for you, SSDs are great to put the programs that you use the most often on. I have Adobe Master Collection and all other demanding software running on the SSD and itā€™s a beautiful thing.

yeah but i dont need to i find a normal 7200rpm hard drive works well but if i had the extra money of course.

If Linux is the best OS, then why isnā€™t it in the lead as far as OSs sold?

If you had the extra money, you wouldnā€™t be discussing what computer to get and just get all of them. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cause it requires some work and knowledge of terminal

Well, that would mostly be because itā€™s freeā€¦

I wouldnā€™t say that Linux is the best, but itā€™s certainly the most versatile when it comes to programming.

yep i agreeā€¦Lots of programers in my university, use linux as there main platform for programingā€¦

PROGRAMING=BIG BUCK$$

Do you think ā€œPhase Changingā€ cooling better for a OCā€™d Q6600 @ 3.5ghz SUPA hot, than water coolingā€¦I heard itā€™s expensive, but more effectiveā€¦

And the lathe in question?

well people have made a lathe into a cnc lathe with a arduino a netbook with linux and some other stuff.Ā  and i just finished modding some yoyo on a drill that i think came out well.Ā  All play unresponsive and sleep for a minimum of 1 and half minutes with my very unperfect throw.Ā  heres pics

You pictures hurt my eyes!

the avatar?

No heā€™s talking about your horrible picture taking skills or your horrible picture taking device. Every single one of your pictures is insanely blurry.

i only had my webcam i will better ones when i get to my camera

this discussion is hurting my brain, its like a endless repeating cycle here. Everyone has a preference on what they want to use, prices vary from country to country. and while you did say your english is bad, it still is very hard to follow your posts. do you speak french normally azn? personally i have a dual booting netbook XP and Ubuntu. and a Desktop running xp cuz the drivers for my video card suck on linux. I really like OS X its a nice fluid operating system and it has its advantages, i plan on getting a Mac when i can. and i personally would never buy a dell or alienware, but thats me. but if where i live it was cheaper, iā€™d maybe consider it. and at what point did this whole mess go off topic, as it was about a lathe?!

No I speak English I just have a.d.d and struggle with grammer. And overall Dell is pretty bad there only line that is good is Alienware and itā€™s cheaper then a mac. And if you want os x put it on your netbook and get rid of xp unless you want to watch movies and play wow on it then kick ubuntu or get a bigger hard drive. As well macs have a defective video card in them and I mean alot of them are defective.